Author Topic: Speed awarness  (Read 623 times)

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2020
Speed awarness
« on: July 20, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
Having set the speed awareness at 5mph over the speed limit, I am concerned that the awareness alarm keeps sounding whenever this speed is exceeded. I like the alarm to let me know, but when on the motorway, I often cruise at 77 and sometimes a little faster,  but don't want the alarm continually sounding if I want to continue beyond the 5mph I have set. Is there a way to limit the alarm in some way please?

Just phoned dealer who tell me that it cannot be changed. It will continue to beep the alarm whilst it is over the 75mph even if you cruised at 80 or more. With such a lacking in technology, there is no bounds to where we can all go!. If you find anything different, please let me know, but I will have to put up with it for now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:11:30 PM by Badger161 »
Retired, but less work on my my hobby at  www.badgerwoodcrafter.co.uk  - Changed to Mazda 3 Skyactiv x GT Sport Tech Auto July 2020.

Offline StevenRB45

• Ultimate Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Speed awarness
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 07:59:35 PM »
Sounds like they've improved it if anything, you used only be able to set at 0s...

As result I set mine at 80 many years ago and have not altered it since. Although on the Gen 2 you got one beep to tell you the limit you had set had been exceeded and after that all you got was a reasonably discreet dash light.

I just use it as a if this light is on you're at a speed plod won't necessarily ignore you..not that it's ever on obviously as I am a good boy.

If you set it to 50, 60 or 70 etc..every small down hill..beeeeeeep as you hit 1mph over..indicated natch so still probably actually travelling under.

If you find it annoying I'd go with turn it off or as in my case set it to speed you don't reach every day and watch the speedo as it's not really meant to make speeding less stressful.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 08:14:54 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline deanparkr

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica (35J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 11:01:26 PM »
Yes this is a very frustrating restriction. It would be much better if we could configure it to beep once and then have the dash indicator pulse orange.

Because it keeps beeping and very occasionally might not pick up a traffic sign on rural roads I turned it off and just use the visual indication on dash and HUD.

However in terms of keeping to the speed I want, I find using CTS & MRCC very useful. On a motorway I set the speed I like, if there is variable speed limit or over head signs show reduced speed I just change the target speed down. Around town if there is a speed camera alert I just turn on CTS and it keeps the car at that speed exactly.

CTS not always practical though on town roads as it rides the brakes if you go down a hill, but is useful in traffic or if you want to ensure speed limit is not exceeded in certain areas.
2021 Gen 4 GT Sport Tech 2.0. Deep Blue Mica
2009 Gen 1 Takara 1.6. Stormy Blue

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 11:01:26 PM »