Author Topic: The Craic!  (Read 14890 times)

Offline Doc

• Sports Class
  • Lovely Jubbleys
The Craic!
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:09:06 PM »
The Irish are known for their Craic but this Irish section is very quiet. ::)
Who's for a Guinness?
1.6D TS2 Nordic Green, 18" RX-8's, Painted calipers, HID's, Mac Mini install, LED tails

To Come: Spoiler, and Angel eyes.

Offline gongoozler

• Takara Class
Re: The Craic!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:44:18 AM »
 :)Mmmmmmmm nice, while we are suppin' answer a question. What's the accepted way to deal with those funny 'side' lanes t'other side of the dashed yellow lines on main roads, eg. driving up from Dublin (where there seems to be lots of 3's) to Sligo after the motorway......slower traffic would maybe turn on in front of me onto this lane, or leave it clear sometimes... or not...or what!?..do people undertake on this lane? I did'nt fancy using it with someone behind waiting to overtake as it had stones and all sorts lying around on it....but I did'nt want to upset the locals!!
Winning Blue 04 Mazda Sport.

Offline Doc

• Sports Class
  • Lovely Jubbleys
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »
Sounds to me as if what you witnessed was people using the hard shoulder as a lane where they could just potter along at their own pace and let the world pass by on the real driving lane! A common but also illegal manover but then again so is Learner Drivers on the motorway but I see them all the time!
Some Irish feel the need to flaunt the law coz they think it's not the worst thing they could be caught for.
What part of Sligo were you in?

Another Pint?  ;D
1.6D TS2 Nordic Green, 18" RX-8's, Painted calipers, HID's, Mac Mini install, LED tails

Offline gongoozler

• Takara Class
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:54:55 PM »
 :)Aha! it's not a driving lane then, but just for occasional enjoyment like undertaking, or tootling along listening to Daniel O'Donnell cd's !!!
Sligo/Rosses Point (top spot) was part of a jaunt touring Donegal,plus the hometown of Rory Gallagher, nooks, crannies and many dubious roads,  back across the North (Bushmills...but don't tell cos I prefer Jamesons),causeway etc..... and back down to Dublin...all very excellent indeed, particularly Donegal Atlantic rollers soooooooooo big we couldn't believe after two days of high wind.

Offline Doc

• Sports Class
  • Lovely Jubbleys
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
Rosses point is very popular with surfers, that why you were there?
Think they had the world championships there recently.

Some of the coast roads are a very nice drive. You notice much differance in the road surface between North and South. Southern roads are so bad in places it makes me sick.

Offline gongoozler

• Takara Class
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
Ended up at Rosses point after having a look at Sligo and surrounds. Loved the statue of a woman staring out to sea for her seafaring hubby. No, did'nt go for the surfing...at my age and stature, I would need a seat from a stairlift mounted on a house door to stand any chance!!

Offline Doc

• Sports Class
  • Lovely Jubbleys
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 11:36:02 PM »
Stairlift seat mounted on a house door eh, I'll see what I can do!  ;D
Can't be that old, still got a bit of "Zoom Zoom" left I'm sure!

Offline b4ggy

• S Class
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:22 AM »
Ya all the farm vehicles seem to use the yellow areas to let people overtake, i think its a great idea on single lane roads and eases a great deal of stress for drivers, wish we had them in england!

i was over in mayo (as i am every couple of weeks) being driven round, lovely spot, lovely people
My cars;
2009 mk2 Mazda 3 2.0l sport with istop Celestial Blue
2008 NC Mazda Mx5 RC Niseko 2.0l icy blue
2004 Toyota Yaris Blue 1.0l

Offline theearl13

• S Class
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 11:11:13 AM »
This forum is just warming up.  Just registered.

Now there are 3 Irish here...
Kenstyle Body Kit
18" RX8 Wheels

Offline Scrappy

• MPS Class
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
This must be the longest ongoing post ever =D
Mods: 7 tinted windows, steering wheel controls, Hertz 200W amp, Sub, Hertz tweeters, Hertz Space Speakers, MPS LED rear lights, colour coded wing mirrors, Hood damper kit, MPS 6 CD Changer, Rally Bulbs, Blue painted calipers, Parrot hands free kit, Boot cigarette lighter port, FORUM STICKER!!!

Offline a15cro

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »
MMMMMmmmm.........Guiness  ;D
2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2 auto, Westfield SeiW Zetec st170 Blacktop & 1980 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7 V8.

Offline carlosnewry

• Sports Class
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
MMMMMmmmm.........Guiness  ;D
cant beat a bit a vitamin G on a night like this.

on the irish road thing, half them dont have a licence, so driving in the hard shoulder is nothing to them :)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »