Author Topic: Problem with key fob on my Mazda5  (Read 5708 times)

Offline fedupwithcar

• S Class
Problem with key fob on my Mazda5
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. I bought a new Mazda 5 in 06 and shortly after there was a service bulletin re the remote fob. The dealer was absolutely useless - after 4 separate trips to resolve this issue they eventually only managed to change 1 of the fobs (their computer not working on one occasion even though I had the car booked in, lack of replacement fob on another, etc. I said I'd wait to the next scheduled service. I mentioned it every service but they always failed to fix the problem. It now happens that we need two working keys so I wrote to Mazda UK but they aren't interested in sorting out the problem. After reading the forums I discovered that its easy to get a spare fob on Ebay which I have done but it doesn't seem to want to communicate with the ECU. The original Mitsubishi fob can reprogramme with no problem but the new Visteon one doesn't seem to want to work? Maybe the frequency is different? Be grateful if anyone has any advice. 

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Problem with key fob on my Mazda5
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
This might help you.

A key can only be programmed by the dealer as its a PATS system. The remote unit can be programmed by the owner.

to program a key fob you need to have the drivers door open and turn your igniton on and off 3 times waiting 2 seconds each time and then close and open your door 3 times again waiting a second or 2, then press the unlock button on your key fob and it should be programed in, you may need to do this a few times, if its the key you need then you have to go to mazda to have that done, hope this helps matey

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: Problem with key fob on my Mazda5
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »