Author Topic: Finally bought one  (Read 2461 times)

Offline BigMikeSport

• TS Class
Finally bought one
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »
Well after years of scrimping and saving I've finally bought the car i've always wanted since i was 16 a mazda 3 2.0 sport (yes i'm really that simple  :P ).

After 3yrs of painful ford ownership i really want to know what will the mazda be like after a while and is there anything major to worry about/plan for such as cambelt changes etc.

Also am i just being a bit of a flid here but i find the car hard to get out of a junction with out the front wheels spinning before the tcs comes down like an anvil or nearly stalling i've only had the car since friday but driven it alot and find it horrendous to get off the line.

My only real beef with this car is the drivers seat squeaks to hell when u go for the clutch or turn a corner etc so any time there is any movement and its driving me insane luckily the bose sound system drowns it out but does anyone know a fix for this?

Il try and help people on here i've been on the ford forums before so im not completely useless .. i hope hopefully this will be a good start to my mazda ownership period.

Offline a15cro

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2007
Re: Finally bought one
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Hi welcome.

Its just a case of getting used to pulling away to stop the wheels spining.

The squeak could be the seat belt clip, have a search on here and there should be some pointers.

It will be good to get some new blood posting on here as its gone a bit quiet lately.

Remember its a social thing not just cars.

We have had a few good meets round the country, what area are you in?
2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2 auto, Westfield SeiW Zetec st170 Blacktop & 1980 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7 V8.

Offline BigMikeSport

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:31:26 PM »
I make alot of noise mate wouldant worry about it being quiet on here. I'll look into the seal belt buckle at the weekend starting work 2moz at vw wooo lol see how that goes.

Also noticed you have a parrot kit i was looking into those my ford had a head unit with bluetooth and i really miss it in the mazda would u recommend one and where have u mounted it on the dash

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum.

This might help you

Have a look this post it may help?

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=4557.msg46653#msg46653

There is also a Mazda mod to the 4 location points that hold the seat to the frame with the spring type clips shown on the photos.
My dealer has recently pushed the clips back into position and installed a split pin (dealer solution) to ensure they stay in position to stop the seat clicking when going around corners or islands, with no problems reported since. (work carried out a few weeks ago)

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum :0)
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Offline BigMikeSport

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum.

This might help you

Have a look this post it may help?

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=4557.msg46653#msg46653

There is also a Mazda mod to the 4 location points that hold the seat to the frame with the spring type clips shown on the photos.
My dealer has recently pushed the clips back into position and installed a split pin (dealer solution) to ensure they stay in position to stop the seat clicking when going around corners or islands, with no problems reported since. (work carried out a few weeks ago)

Sound cheers for that mate job for saturday i think and thanks for the welcomes!

Offline a15cro

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Engine: 2.3L
  • Trim: MPS
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
Its a good hands free kit and I would recommend it.

The screen is mounted near the windscreen on the right hand corner of the dash, are to the right hand side of the steering wheel just below the air vent.

You also get a strap to fasten it on to the steering wheel itself, although I didnt like it there.

Ill try and get some pics if you like.

The only thing to watch for is that I needed an extra lead to make it work with the BOSE correctly.
2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrack 3.2 auto, Westfield SeiW Zetec st170 Blacktop & 1980 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7 V8.

Offline BigMikeSport

• TS Class
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
Yeah a pic would be ace no rush though i need to save up for it so wont be fitting till about march/april time and when it does get fitted il pay someone to do it im to impatient to do it myself and i really like the mazda so dont want to kick its face in lol

Offline Newbs

• MPS Class
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »
welcome to the forum
what ford did you own ?
i had a focus 1.8 zetec and it was a really good car.
i only ask as a mazda 3 is pretty much a focus under the skin.
do you plan any mods to the car ?
rear windows tinted black,carbon fibre pillar trims,stainless steel scuff plates,led interior roof bulbs,led number plate bulbs and piano black handbrake lever handle + leather gaitor.blue alloy tax disc holder,badges painted metallic black,silver painted dash and console,carbon stubby aerial

Offline BigMikeSport

• TS Class
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »
welcome to the forum
what ford did you own ?
i had a focus 1.8 zetec and it was a really good car.
i only ask as a mazda 3 is pretty much a focus under the skin.
do you plan any mods to the car ?

I had a mk1 2004 1.6 edge 3dr was under powered to hell but once you wound it up and threw it at some corners it put a HUGEEEE smile on my face i really really miss that car it fell apart inside but i loved it to pieces that being the key word there because after some good country lane torture something fell off inside haha but yeah the 3 is pretty much a mk2 focus in a better shell with more kit on. As for mods after spending stupid money on the ford i made sure to buy a 3 that has everything on it just the phone kit and maybe a panel filter in time but for now it does the job perfectly well.

Quite sad now i've thought about my poor ford  :(

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »