Author Topic: Central Locking (but a Mazda 2)  (Read 5219 times)

Offline stewarta13wsb

• S Class
Central Locking (but a Mazda 2)
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
I have the 3, but my wife has a 2.

Background - left at airport carpark with interior light on for 2 weeks. Guy at carpark jump started it with a spare battery and we thought all was well.
But, after the really cold spell in the Highlands (-14) it wouldn't start again.
This time it got an overnight supercharge and the battery was tested. All seemed well but the central locking stopped working - or the key did??

Battery in key ok (lights up) and I've tried the re-set system from Mazda Service Centre - the opening & closing of doors, the turning the key 3 times etc., but nothing has happened.

I'm trying to save a 4 hour round trip to the nearest dealer..... any thoughts, or any confirmation of the exact sequence so I can try again??
Stewart

Offline daunorubicin

• MPS Class
Re: Central Locking (but a Mazda 2)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
It's not something as simple as most of the locks freezing up hence the central locking refusing to work?
--daunorubicin--
Mazda 3 MPS SAK - SilverVision rear indicators - Richbrook TDH - LED boot, plate, map and glove - XCarLink iPod adaptor and bluetooth - Sharks Fin Aerial - Clear fog light - EBC Red Stuff - DBA 4000 Discs

Offline stewarta13wsb

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
No, nothing that easy - we've had a thaw now (yes, even in the Highlands!) but no change  :(
Stewart

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »