Author Topic: 2nd Mazda - First Mazda 3  (Read 2171 times)

Offline nick34

• S Class
2nd Mazda - First Mazda 3
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:57:04 PM »
Hi All,

Just got a 2009 2.0 Sport having px'd my MX5 which was about to need a chunk of money spending on it. Very impressed with the amount car for the money and it seems so quiet after the MX5. First job is to get the ipod adapter in.

I do have a slight problem I've noticed with a slight hesitation occasionally on light throttle but I'll post that in the appropriate category.

I am involved in writing diagnostic software for OBD scan tools so if anyone has queries about OBD (what you can get out of the 16 pin connector under the dash) hopefully I can be of help.

Offline rainbow462

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
Re: 2nd Mazda - First Mazda 3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
Hi Nick

Just noticed your post and hopefully you get updates on replies to your messages so will read this.  I too have a 2009 sport (2nd gen) and think it's brilliant.  The only issue I have is the i-stop light is flashing and having taken it to the dealer they say it is a depleted battery and I need a new battery.  Anyway being a tight wad I have just charged the battery and now just need to turn off the warning light, so would you know if any code readers/software would be able to do this without going back to Mazda and paying them £100 ?

I can borrow and EML327 and software at the weekend but don't know if this will be sufficient to deal with i-stop lights.

Many thanks

Rainbow

Offline cwilliams255

• Sports Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009