Author Topic: How do you polish your car....!  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Daveg

• MPS Class
  • Mazda 3 Tamura 1.6L
Re: How do you polish your car....!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
Because I bought new, I promised myself I'd look after the car :P

1.  Wash with Lambswool mitt and Sonus Gloss Shampoo (two buckets)
2.  Dry with Sonus der Wunder towel

3.  Polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish + Perfect Polishing Cloths
4.  Wax with Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax + foam applicator
5.  Buff off wax with microfibre cloths

5.  Interior with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care + microfibre cloths
6.  Glass with Autoglym Glass Polish + Perfect Polishing Cloths
7.  Wheels with Supaguard Alloy Wheel Protector
8.  Tyres with Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing

9.  Admire - and then really want to go for a drive but can't because you'll get her dirty!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:29:17 PM by Daveg »
BEEN DONE | TWM short shift | angel eyes w/custom control |  Osram Silverstar head+fog lights | removed side mouldings | iPod interface | ambient downlight mod | boot light mod | CX-7 aerial | bonnet dampers | clear fog lamp |
TO COME   | rear tint |

Offline sk4tec

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »
Because I bought new, I promised myself I'd look after the car :P

1.  Wash with Lambswool mitt and Sonus Gloss Shampoo (two buckets)
2.  Dry with Sonus der Wunder towel

3.  Polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish + Perfect Polishing Cloths
4.  Wax with Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax + foam applicator
5.  Buff off wax with microfibre cloths

5.  Interior with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care + microfibre cloths
6.  Glass with Autoglym Glass Polish + Perfect Polishing Cloths
7.  Wheels with Supaguard Alloy Wheel Protector
8.  Tyres with Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing

9.  Admire - and then really want to go for a drive but can't because you'll get her dirty!!!

Your cars gonna look great when you do that, post some pics!!

AG Vinyl and rubber will give a nice matt finish on the dash. You might to investigate 'Jetseal 109' - I think www.Cleanandshiny.co.uk have the exclusive on that one. It might even be better than collinite for durability.

1998 Peugeot 306 XSi 16v
1999 VW Passat 1.8 Sport
2002 Golf Mk IV GT TDi 150
2005 Mazda 3 Sport 2.0 (Petrol)
Current: Seat Leon MK II FR 2.0 TFSi DSG

Offline Daveg

• MPS Class
  • Mazda 3 Tamura 1.6L
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 02:29:47 AM »
Thanks for the link, I really like the look of that sk4tec, looking for something to extend my shine so I can do a good wash wax every month and only wash in-between. 

Also heard good things of Poorboys Spray and Gloss quick detailer to use after washing to bring back shine without having to wax or polish, have you tried this or can recommend something similar?

Going to ask for some of that Jetseal for Christmas - will get some pics up when I've put a few layers on.  Would I still use the Nattys wax, and if so before or after the Jetseal?

Thanks for your help - I've been watching your posts as you seem to know your stuff when it comes to detailing :D
BEEN DONE | TWM short shift | angel eyes w/custom control |  Osram Silverstar head+fog lights | removed side mouldings | iPod interface | ambient downlight mod | boot light mod | CX-7 aerial | bonnet dampers | clear fog lamp |
TO COME   | rear tint |

Offline sk4tec

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 02:40:12 AM »
No problem Dave. I tend to hang around on www.detailingworld.co.uk to pick up advice. Clean and shiny post up on there when they have new stock of 109 and the guys on the forum can't get enough!!

If you can't get any 109 then some Collinite 476s should do the trick as a durable wax (but it acts more like sealant). Its almost like applying vaseline on your paint and has a similar effect like rain-x! I presume you forgot to mention claying you car?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-no-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

As an intermediate wax\clean up to bring back the shine I use NXT spray wax. It says its a booster wax but it also contains a sealant (which is fine by me ;D).

I'm afraid I can't explain for sure about Nattys wax before or after. I'm not so good with layering so I keep it simple, I use Megs NXT as its a All-In-one :-X.

I would have guessed Natty's a LSP (Last stage product) and would go on after the jetseal for some extra shine. Cleanyourcar has some guides on it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:47:44 AM by sk4tec »

1998 Peugeot 306 XSi 16v
1999 VW Passat 1.8 Sport

Offline markiered

• Takara Class
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 01:40:03 PM »
Hmmm what do you think worth the money or just a con???

http://www.jmldirect.com/Durashine-PD3038/
Zoom Zoom.... 2006 Mazda 3 sport saloon Titanium Grey

Offline sk4tec

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
Hmmm what do you think worth the money or just a con???

http://www.jmldirect.com/Durashine-PD3038/

Its quite a lot of money. All it appears to do is sheet water off. The Collinite I use does that and lasts from 6 - 12 months, it only costs 12 Quid. But for 19 quid you could get Jetseal 109.

The tests they do with lasers and putting lighter fuel (and lighting it) on the body have been proven to be 'tricks'.

1998 Peugeot 306 XSi 16v
1999 VW Passat 1.8 Sport

Offline Daveg

• MPS Class
  • Mazda 3 Tamura 1.6L
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
I presume you forgot to mention claying you car?

Thanks for all that info - was a great help :D  As I mentioned I think Santa may be bringing me some jetseal, will let you know how it goes.  I havn't actually clayed my car yet - didn't know anything about detailing when I bought it (September), and now figured I'll wait till after the winter.  My routine tends to involve slapping some carnuba on whenever I can to get a deep shine and protect the paint as much as possible.

I'll check out that MEGs spray wax as well, sounds like just the trick when there's not enough time to wax

PS:  Sorry I've been a while replying, havn't been on the forum for a bit.
TO COME   | rear tint |

Offline sk4tec

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »
Claying your car is going to have your mouth on the floor!!

You no longer need to worry about tree sap, road tar and other bonded contaminants. If your paint is clean (sounds like yours is) it's still worth it as it increases the optical clarity of the paint underneath so it pops more!

Carnuba is great for that popping wet look but high carnuba waxes evaporate in the heat. The only exception to this rule is Collinite its carnuba but its had stuff done to it. It means I can be more lazy than normal ;D

Jetseal will be much better, but remember you need two coats and 20 mins in between. I guess u'd use it after your autoglym resin polish, but I don't know if you can wax over it with your natty's.

Get some clay, remember its all in the prep work  ;)

1998 Peugeot 306 XSi 16v
1999 VW Passat 1.8 Sport

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »