Author Topic: CX-7 test drive  (Read 7363 times)

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • 2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
    • My Cardomain site
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
CX-7 test drive
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:36:25 PM »
Today i managed to get a test drive in a CX-7 at Waters Mazda dealership in chingford london. The guy who came with me for the drive was very safe and he even let me take the cx-7 on a good run along the M25.. i was well chuffed :)

the car itself is superb.. fast, agile & comfortable.. the best features i like.. are the heated seats and the cruise control.. the car was cold.. but after turning the seat warmers on.. i could feel my bum & back warming up which was soooooooooooooooo niceeeeeeeeeeeeee  ;D.

floored the car few times.. acceleration is immense!! could probably over take an MPS  ;D  ;), but as its much heavier.. MPS would probably beat it in a drag race.

The interior has a very nice finish however.. i must complain on the design of the driver airbag/horn switch. The steering wheel is borrowed from the MX-5 and the horn switch is right  in the middle, hence u cannot use it with your palm, u have to use ur fingers to press it down which i think isnt a good thing as in emergencies that would be a bit hard to do. if you look in the pic, the mazda badge is the horn switch and goes a bit deep inside to activate..

Took it on the M25 for a 5 mile run.. i just floored the car and was just gobsmacked at the acceleration and feel.. i was doing 100MPH in 6th gear @ 3,000RPM..!!! how crazy is that.. the engine didnt feel like it was struggling.. i had a big grin on my face..i could throw anything at the cx-7 and it'll just take it on and go faster. i think now i understand why mothy always has a big grin on his face after driving the MPS..  ;) also the car was very smooth at 100MPH.. just felt like i was doing 70MPH.. then i set the cruise control on.. which i must say.. is a very good feature to have.. you can rest your feet without having to accelerate.. you can increase and decrease ur speed from the cruise control switch, no need to brake to slow down and set again..

if i had the money.. a cx-7 would be in front of my house right now..  ;D ;)
2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
Veba Freeview TV box, Rear view camera, Front View Camera
Colour Coded Headlights, Angel Eyes, MPS Aero Wing Mirrors

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
Re: CX-7 test drive
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:22 AM »
I've thought about taking one of them out for a spin... just for a play!!!

But being lazy, just never got round to doing it!!! Is it manual, or does it come with auto box??

With the same engine i would imagine it is fun to drive... glad you enjoyed it!!!
07 MPS, Cosmic Blue, Aero Pack

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
    • My Cardomain site
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:05:59 AM »
I've thought about taking one of them out for a spin... just for a play!!!

But being lazy, just never got round to doing it!!! Is it manual, or does it come with auto box??

With the same engine i would imagine it is fun to drive... glad you enjoyed it!!!

yep same engine and 6speed manual gearbox.. at 1 point when i saw a range rover next to me at traffic lights, i said to the sales guy.. here's my opportunity to take on a land rover  :P .. he said.. go for it  ;D

Offline underworld

• MPS Class
  • i Dnt dRivE fAst ---> i fLy LoW!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:43:36 AM »
Thats left hand drive on the pic, if am not mistaken!!! how many miles did u do?? fuel consumption mpg??
IF EverythinG SeemS UndeR ControL ---> U R JusT NoT GoinG FasT EnougH

Now driving a Classic Impreza WRX Type RA

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
    • My Cardomain site
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:54:47 AM »
Thats left hand drive on the pic, if am not mistaken!!! how many miles did u do?? fuel consumption mpg??

the pic is for reference only.. the model i drove was a full UK spec RHD. Before starting off the MPG was 25.0MPG, and upon return MPG was 24.6MPG after a lot of heavy acceleration  ;D

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »
I guess with that thirsty engine and heavier weight, you won't be looking to get too much more MPG.

07 MPS, Cosmic Blue, Aero Pack

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »