Author Topic: So far so good!  (Read 6036 times)

Offline YoungTurk

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
So far so good!
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »
I have been owning my new Mazda 3, 1.6 petrol, for 4 months now and have done just over 5000 miles. According to the trip computer my average economy has so far been 39.5 mpg. It has been stuck at this level for the past 3 months. I do 60% motorway driving.

Good points: Don't know where to start! Too many to list here... However, parlecent Crystal White colour really stands out.

Bad(ish) points: Not many but couple worth mentioning: 1) The road noise is noticable on rough roads - On smooth asphalt the car is very quiet which proves that there is no engine or wind noise at all even at high speeds; 2) Having to manually lock and unlock the doors from inside is a little primitive and inconvenient - why couldn't Mazda do something like Renault's RAID system where the doors (optionally) automatically lock at a certain speed and they automatically unlock when the door lever is pulled to open the door.

Overall, a highly satisfactory car and a joy to drive.

Offline Samp!

• Super Ultimate Class
  • MX5 MK1 AND MK3.5 NOT A MAZDA 3 BUT STILL A MAZDA!
Re: So far so good!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
glad you are happy with the car, i have noticed that on alot of french cars i have been in/driven they all seem to lock at arround the 5-10mph mark and as soo as you touch the handle they unlock very good point, however how mazda do it does seem a little odd and unsafe to me, due to the doors not unlocking when you pull the handle, must be safer to have it open as soon as you touch it surley?!
USED TO HAVE: MAZDA 3 1.6 SPORT NAV IN ALUMINUM WITH EIBACH SPRINGS AND CUSTOM CORKSPORT SRI INTAKE

NOW HAVE: 1. MX5 MK1 1.8 IN BRITISH RACING GREEN LOTS OF MODS
                 2. MAZDA MX5 SPORT BLACK IN WHITE NO 384 OF 500 EIBACH SPRINGS, K&N PANEL FILTER & LOTS OF LITTLE BITS

Offline wuwenling

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:12:39 AM »

Edit ::::   All external URL links to advertising have been removed from this post.  The member concerned has been permanently banned and all triggers set to prevent any reoccurrence..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:47:21 PM by Willpower »

Offline Duc de Pommfrit

• Ultimate Class
  • Forum shopkeeper
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Titanium Grey II (29Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »
You can just make out what they are advertising!  Read the above link again and you may spot it!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »