Author Topic: fuel air sensor fault after 540 miles  (Read 11610 times)

Offline bilhamcobly199

• S Class
fuel air sensor fault after 540 miles
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
My 185Sport diesel with 540 miles on the clock has developed a fault which resulted in the engine warning light and the DSc warning light coming on and staying on. Very annoying after such a short time during which I have really enjoyed the car.

The dealer has fixed it in one day but i had to leave it over night as the part was not ther until the next day and thay advised me not to drive it with the fault. They have said that it was a faulty fuel air sensor which I suspect is something near to or related to the CAT converter.

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Offline Samp!

• Super Ultimate Class
  • MX5 MK1 AND MK3.5 NOT A MAZDA 3 BUT STILL A MAZDA!
Re: fuel air sensor fault after 540 miles
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
ohhh thats a shame, not heard that of that one befor mate!, sorry to hear it!
USED TO HAVE: MAZDA 3 1.6 SPORT NAV IN ALUMINUM WITH EIBACH SPRINGS AND CUSTOM CORKSPORT SRI INTAKE

NOW HAVE: 1. MX5 MK1 1.8 IN BRITISH RACING GREEN LOTS OF MODS
                 2. MAZDA MX5 SPORT BLACK IN WHITE NO 384 OF 500 EIBACH SPRINGS, K&N PANEL FILTER & LOTS OF LITTLE BITS

Offline foxy

• Sports Class
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
Good news that they could get the part overnight and fit it next day. Pretty good service. Maybe the only problem you will have.

Offline Muzzy

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:57 PM »
Got the same problem with mine..happened to today had the car three weeks and 900 miles...phoning the garag tomorrow to book in..pain in the butt

Offline bilhamcobly199

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
Re my original fault, it was fixed but after a couple of days the DSC light has been staying on at first start in the morning. It does go off again after a few minutes when I stop and re-start the car but I'm worried all this might turn into a bit of saga. Grateful if folks could keep me posted with similar faults

Offline Muzzy

• TS Class
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
Can you detail what they did to fix the problem?

Offline bilhamcobly199

• S Class
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
they told me they'd replaced the fuel air sensor but I'll be on the phone again tomorrow as iam not accepting this on a new car.

Offline Muzzy

• TS Class
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
mine is in at the moment :( driving a super duper Polo

Offline Podman

• Takara Class
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Hi,

I picked my 185 sport up on Monday 29th March,  the wife was well chuffed, we'd gone for the mica white and had leather.  It's was a nice looking and nice to drive car, I thought a little but sluggish compared to what I had expected (I'm used to 400bhp+ jap petrol turbos though so I didn't think much of it) after 300 or so miles it lost all power, on came the dash lights and it wouldn't rev over 2.5k.  I also had a fault where the electric steering stopped working on the motorway on teh way back to the garage.  This corrected it's self  after a few mins and came back on though.  I've asked them to investigate that too.  This was on the Thursday 1st April.  It's still in the garage now.  Same as you its had an air sensor fault.  Thing is they can't get the replacement part.  They gave me a demo car for the first week and as of yesterday Mazda are paying for a hire car for me.  I'm not a happy bunny.  You don't expect to pay 20k for a car and get to drive it for less than 72 hours before it needs to go into the garage and you don't get it back for a few weeks.  Really bad show on Mazdas part if you ask me.

Is everybody elses all sorted now with no more problems?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:45:10 AM by Podman »

Offline Muzzy

• TS Class
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Yes mine all sorted the got the part from back order 4 days earlier than originally stated.

Good car once the fault is sorted and done about 500 miles since with no issues.

See this post also http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=5991.0

Offline Muzzy

• TS Class
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 05:31:06 PM »
Fault back again only 900 miles after sensor changed in March :(

Offline Podman

• Takara Class
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:13 AM »
That's a bit worrying. Had mine back on the weekend after a fortnight waiting for a part. I hope the new batch of parts is more reliable for us all!

Offline L30N_WH

• Takara Class
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »
Common fault.  Known by MMUK.  Affects Mazda 6 Diesel, Mazda 3 Diesel & Mazda CX-7.  A Mazda technical repair bulletin instructs to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor (O2 sensor) & upgrade the PCM with new data.

Offline Podman

• Takara Class
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
I wonder if mine had the data updated....I know it's had a new sensor but I wonder about the rest, they knew nothing of a common fault so may well have just replaced the part.

Offline L30N_WH

• Takara Class
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
I wonder if mine had the data updated....I know it's had a new sensor but I wonder about the rest, they knew nothing of a common fault so may well have just replaced the part.

May be worth giving your local dealer a call, to check they are aware of the bulletin.  Must admit, we missed the upload on the first couple of vehicles we repaired as we were unaware of the bulletin, but they have returned & had the upload, & not returned since. :-) so seems to cure the fault

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »