Technical Section > Bodywork

Chip repair advice

(1/1)

triran:
I need some help please...

I have a Mazda 3 in Met Grey - I some some chips on my door. I have primed and filled the chips so far. Tried Autoglym Super Resin but no use in the end.

What do I try next? Touch up pens?

a15cro:
Super resin polish will only fill the chip with white polish.

You are going to have to get a tpuch up pen to cover the chip.

triran:

--- Quote from: a15cro on February 14, 2010, 05:27:11 PM ---Super resin polish will only fill the chip with white polish.

You are going to have to get a tpuch up pen to cover the chip.

--- End quote ---

Where would I get the correct pen from? Halfords didnt do it.

carlosnewry:
your better going to a local motor factor that mixes paint. they should make u up enough for touch up, about a 5th of a L. which is plenty. they might only say they can mix a 1/4L as min ammount, but thats as they r to lazy. but a 1/4L is only about 15 pound, and handy to have. its enough to paint a whole bumper etc. get a good touch up brush and when u put it on let it dry well, or help it akong with hairdryer,  then with a bit of polishing compound or t cut, rub over it, it should take off the excess and leave the touch up in the chip. i wouldn bother to use lacquer if its only a small chip as it is harder to hide and shows up

a15cro:
or your dealer will be able to get a tough up kit which will have base cost & laquer for less than £10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version