Author Topic: 13,000 mile report  (Read 1700 times)

Offline mazdaben

• Takara Class
13,000 mile report
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
I've just passed the 13,000 mile mark in my Mazda3 2.2d 185 Sport (in just 3 months - yikes!) and thought I'd update you on my first review.

I have to say there is very little change - the car still feels and looks completely new. At the first service it needed nothing doing (whereas my Honda Civic needed new tyres and brake pads at 12,000 and discs a 15k and my Audi A4 just started to fall-apart at 20k). The Mazda is certainly more durable than the competition. Northampton Motors are excellent and treat you and the car very well - highly recommended.

The interior is still squeak and rattle free and I love the seats - the best I've ever had in a car. The Bose stereo has loosened up a bit too, giving a richer sound than when first new.

As for performance and fuel economy - the engine is still sweet and smooth and has not developed the clatter that normally comes with diesels when they loosen-up with mileage in the teens. Sometimes after a service you notice an improvement - meaning that you have had slow degradation of smoothness etc. but everything is just as when I first collected the car. To be honest, the engine feels like it could easily have the service period extended. Fuel economy still in the mid-forties, which considering the performance is excellent. I'm still really impressed with this car - Mazda have done an excellent job and I'm really surprised that you don't see more on the road.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

13,000 mile report
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »