Author Topic: My new mod (Footwell LED) (added more pictures 02.01.10)  (Read 14367 times)

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
Re: My new mod (Footwell LED) (added more pictures 02.01.10)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 10:04:58 PM »
Have you got a link to the lights you used please?
I bought them from ebay. £1 each  ;D

Offline Rich196

• MPS Class
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
bigger is better eh :D

Offline H17YD_L

• S Class
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
Has anyone successfully done this on a RHD MK2, had a go just but cant find any sort of plug that looks the same, was just going to go off the fuse board next to the glove box, but the interior light supply doesn't come from it. Its from under the bonnet  ??? seems strange when they installed a small fuse box inside the car I thought it would be for all interior stuff.

Offline Ali3izzle

• TS2 Class
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »
Has anyone successfully done this on a RHD MK2, had a go just but cant find any sort of plug that looks the same, was just going to go off the fuse board next to the glove box, but the interior light supply doesn't come from it. Its from under the bonnet  ??? seems strange when they installed a small fuse box inside the car I thought it would be for all interior stuff.
If you want them on all the time whilst the ignition is on then the easiest way would be to tap into the cig lighter.
Done: blue LED cupholder lights, forum decals, "3" boot badge removed, badges sprayed black.
To do: too much
Need: New battery, front disks, service

Offline H17YD_L

• S Class
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
Yeh I know that, but just wanted them to come on with interior lights when u open doors etc...

Offline Ali3izzle

• TS2 Class
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 08:38:10 AM »
I need to do something like this where I need them to come on as the car is unlocked and I'm going to try to tap into the interior light. Not sure if it will work as of yet but it's an option.
Done: blue LED cupholder lights, forum decals, "3" boot badge removed, badges sprayed black.
To do: too much
Need: New battery, front disks, service

Offline Rich196

• MPS Class
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
Where did you find the information, to know which wires to tap into?

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
On US forum  :P

Offline Rich196

• MPS Class
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »

haha litteraly just looked on there myself, do the footwell lights come on with the interior light when you unlock the car? and how hard do you recon it is without removing the glove box? Lastly when did you mount your rear footwell leds?

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 10:50:35 PM »

haha litteraly just looked on there myself, do the footwell lights come on with the interior light when you unlock the car? and how hard do you recon it is without removing the glove box? Lastly when did you mount your rear footwell leds?
Yes they do, when unlock or open doors. It is impossible to do this without removing glove box. Connector is behind it.
If you mean where did I mount them, I put them on sub and other side on amplifier.

Offline Rich196

• MPS Class
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »

Yes they do, when unlock or open doors. It is impossible to do this without removing glove box. Connector is behind it.
If you mean where did I mount them, I put them on sub and other side on amplifier.
yeh I meant where did you mount the ones in the rear, ie under the front seats, i quess your a bit flash and have bose? :P

Offline Mindis

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 10:59:12 PM »

yeh I meant where did you mount the ones in the rear, ie under the front seats, i quess your a bit flash and have bose? :P
:P I do  :) just leave longer wires and you could mount them on the seat frame  ???

Offline Rich196

• MPS Class
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »
I will have a look, have you got any ideas yet what I will doing one evening this week  ;D

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »