Author Topic: Focus RS  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Grant

• TS2 Class
Focus RS
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
Has arrived at the dealers. Should pick it up early next week.

Christmas has come early.

Mazda 3 MPS Aero (K&N, Tints)

Offline Ben_MPS

• Ultimate Class
  • Aero + Cobb SRI, Graphite RX8 rims - Now sold. : (
Re: Focus RS
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
Now we can really call you a Chav!  ;D

Just kidding mate, enjoy your early present. Be good if you could do a proper comparison of the MPS to the RS. ... and loads of photos of course!  ;)

Offline Grant

• TS2 Class
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
Now we can really call you a Chav!  ;D

Just kidding mate, enjoy your early present. Be good if you could do a proper comparison of the MPS to the RS. ... and loads of photos of course!  ;)

Yep thats me a big old Chav!!!!! (do I need a Nova to complete my car line up?)

Will do on the comparison etc.

Just to avoid any doubt the MPS is staying as my daily driver.

The RS is for high days and holidays.

I am thinking about throwing a few more quid into the RS to spec it up for track days and sprints. Just pondering!!!!

Offline Ben_MPS

• Ultimate Class
  • Aero + Cobb SRI, Graphite RX8 rims - Now sold. : (
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 12:47:09 PM »
I am thinking about throwing a few more quid into the RS to spec it up for track days and sprints. Just pondering!!!!

Sounds like a plan but I'd be wary that even with all its magic knuckles, any more BHP will be really pushing it through front wheel drive...

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
I seriously wish i could have those two in my garage! Be awsome to have pics of them both next to eachother. If you need a hand moving them around give me a call! lol

Be good to get the punters opinion on both. I imagine you will end up picking up the RS keys more and more frequently from here on in, even if the MPS is the daily driver.
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Offline Grant

• TS2 Class
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
I imagine you will end up picking up the RS keys more and more frequently from here on in, even if the MPS is the daily driver.

Not convinced on that one.

I really like the understated looks of the MPS and I feel more comfortable leaving it in car parks, on the road etc.

I think the RS draws a lot more attention and I wouldn't want to leave it in the station car park or Sainsburys (whoops no advertising - it could also be Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons etc etc)

My initial intention was to mothball the RS and pray that it appreciates in value but my heart tells me to enjoy the car at its full potential and on the track.

Having recently converted over to an MPS I already know that I have made a brilliant choice for a daily driver as few cars will match its ability when I stomp on the loud pedal (but always within speed limits!!)

The RS is a great drivers car but where the hell can you leave it safely? It shouts steal me or race me and I don't need the aggravation.

I bought the RS because it is iconic, brilliant and ruthless and I had to own one before I die. I just hope the RS isn't the cause of my premature death!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:04:42 PM by Grant »

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »

Sounds like a plan but I'd be wary that even with all its magic knuckles, any more BHP will be really pushing it through front wheel drive...

This is why I will be going AWD next car, had rear and front and want serious power and torque so for me AWD is the way i need to go. The new S4 is 328 BHP stock, with stage one map it is 375BHP and stage two map it is 390BHP!!!

I imagine you will end up picking up the RS keys more and more frequently from here on in, even if the MPS is the daily driver.

Not convinced on that one.

I really like the understated looks of the MPS and I feel more comfortable leaving it in car parks, on the road etc.

I think the RS draws a lot more attention and I wouldn't want to leave it in the station car park or Sainsburys (whoops no advertising - it could also be Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons etc etc)

My initial intention was to mothball the RS and pray that it appreciates in value but my heart tells me to enjoy the car at its full potential and on the track.

Having recently converted over to an MPS I already know that I have made a brilliant choice for a daily driver as few cars will match its ability when I stomp on the loud pedal (but always within speed limits!!)

The RS is a great drivers car but where the hell can you leave it safely? It shouts steal me or race me and I don't need the aggravation.

I bought the RS because it is iconic, brilliant and ruthless and I had to own one before I die. I just hope the RS isn't the cause of my premature death!

It would be a travisty to mothball a car like that, it literally aches to be driven. What great options to have though! I know what you mean about taking / leaving it in certain areas. There are some places I wont take my FTO simply because it is larey and may attract attention i dont want it to!

Either way when you look at your set of keys you have 2 very appealing options, you are a lucky man.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:14:43 PM by Stuno1 »
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »