Author Topic: RX8 model to be chopped by Mazda  (Read 5415 times)

Offline MartinC

• S Class
RX8 model to be chopped by Mazda
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »
After the sad demise of my beloved RX8 (after a head on collision with an old lady who lost the plot and decided to drive on the wrong side of the road), I have been checking out the cost of a replacement for insurance purposes.

Sadly I have heard from 2 dealers that there are only 4 new RX8's left in the country and after that Mazda may make one more factory delivery and then they are going to pull the model. No surprise really - many of the car manufacturers are reviewing their production strategy in the wake of the recession and the gaz guzzlers were always likely to be vulnerable.

Of course Mazda will not yet confirm this, but I have it on good authority.

So my new Mazda 3 2.0 Sport is on order - it will never replace dear Rex but I hope it will still prove good fun.

Offline Sue-in-Blue

• S Class
Re: RX8 model to be chopped by Mazda
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »
Hi Martin, I too migrated from an RX-8 to a 3 recently.  My RX was nearly 6 years old and I had it from new.  Fortunately it wasn't damaged at all, after 3 years of looking I finally decided to change it.  The dealer told me that the RX-8 is soon to be axed - in some way it made me feel better. 

The 3 is a lovely car, I went for the 2.2d (185) which has some nice additions that the 8 didn't have.  Also, I have booked to go to Wales in February and am not worried if it snows!  Ok, the love isn't quite there for the new one like with the 8 but I smile when I visit the petrol station (or drive past it).

Sue
2.2d(185) in Celestial Blue Mica!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: RX8 model to be chopped by Mazda
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »