Technical Section > Bodywork

Body Kits for a 2006 mazda 3 sport...

(1/2) > >>

Gay Paul:
Hi,

I'm trying to get a second hand 2006 Mazda 3 sport! I want to "do it up" when I get it.

Does anyone know where you can get body kits for this car? Are they easy to fit (I have no experience in doing this but will try anyway!)? How much do you need to spend to make the car look sick (I would like to spend less than £2k!!!)?

Thanks...

Stuno1:
There will definastely be some sarcastic replies to this with the use of 'bodykit' and 'sick' in the same post.

Bodykits are ok to find i think, i did find a few a year or so ago. Try google mate. Also maybe some hints in the 'visual mods' area of the forum.

The thing with bodykits is you can pay as little or as much as you want. ultimately the more you pay the better the fit so the cheaper to fit as it will need fewer alterations. You will need to find a decent place to do this as well because fitting a good kit with a bad mechanic can be a disaster.

You then have to get the kit primed and sprayed with a good colour match. This is not easy to do! If you get the kit blended it is more expensive again.

Spending less than 2k is possible but the result may not be that good. (depending on what you want)

My advice is;

1 Dont get a cheap kit
2 Get at least 3 quotes for spraying and fitting from recognised work shops.

Seaside S:
plus the fact you wont find anything is this country for the mazda dont help  :(
i wanted the oem front splitter but since the dollar has risen im looking at about £400 plus another £300 shipping, thats not including the fact i ve gota get it sprayed as they dont come in icy blue  :-[   double rape!!!

Gay Paul:
Thanks for the help guys, I've found this website that has a few kits available: http://www.tuningshop.co.uk/acatalog/Mazda_3.html

I like the look of the "Teuton" Kit cost about £1k is that expensive for; Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Rear Bumper?

--- Quote from: Seaside S on October 01, 2009, 09:40:56 PM ---plus the fact you wont find anything is this country for the mazda dont help  :(
i wanted the oem front splitter but since the dollar has risen im looking at about £400 plus another £300 shipping, thats not including the fact i ve gota get it sprayed as they dont come in icy blue  :-[   double rape!!!

--- End quote ---

Man that sucks!!! at least a few years back you could have got it for half that on the exchange rate!!!  :'(

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!!!

Stuno1:
That is probably about right mate, for a good kit. Must be more available! Ill have a look later today. I like that but woudl want to see more before i chose one to settle on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version