Author Topic: 1st new mps in the uk ???!!!  (Read 14688 times)

Offline stealthyspeeder

• TS2 Class
Re: 1st new mps in the uk ???!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
I think the whole car has been improved aesthetically, except that front bonnet scoop, I cant get over how repulsed I am by it!

Mazda 3 MPS, COBB SRI, COBB Turbo inlet hose, COBB Dowpipe, Stage 2 remap.

Offline foxy

• Sports Class
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Samp4856,  You say it drives better. In what ways. I know it's early days, but any info would be really helpful.

Offline Rearlz

• TS2 Class
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »
That looks awsome. In WHITE though, don't think ORANGE would be a good colour ;D
Mazda 3 MPS, K+N Typhoon.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Offline Samp!

• Super Ultimate Class
  • MX5 MK1 AND MK3.5 NOT A MAZDA 3 BUT STILL A MAZDA!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
well now the engin runs better as the intercooler is right under the air scoop, "better air florw", the lsd works alot better, and the dsc is far less intrusive, that couppled with the better exhaust systym " better air flow again :)" pluss the lower wait and less drag when compared with the old car, means its alot better, out one on the roaling road standard was pushing 285hp! compared to the old ones  268! all due to the fact that the car has better air flow, also on a few tests we did new vs old, the new one is faster even with a tight engine :)!

also i wont upload pics of the interiour, because u will all vomit :)!
USED TO HAVE: MAZDA 3 1.6 SPORT NAV IN ALUMINUM WITH EIBACH SPRINGS AND CUSTOM CORKSPORT SRI INTAKE

NOW HAVE: 1. MX5 MK1 1.8 IN BRITISH RACING GREEN LOTS OF MODS
                 2. MAZDA MX5 SPORT BLACK IN WHITE NO 384 OF 500 EIBACH SPRINGS, K&N PANEL FILTER & LOTS OF LITTLE BITS

Offline sdg 3mps

• Super Ultimate Class
  • You would'nt like me when i'm angry ! hehe
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
well now the engin runs better as the intercooler is right under the air scoop, "better air florw", the lsd works alot better, and the dsc is far less intrusive, that couppled with the better exhaust systym " better air flow again :)" pluss the lower wait and less drag when compared with the old car, means its alot better, out one on the roaling road standard was pushing 285hp! compared to the old ones  268! all due to the fact that the car has better air flow, also on a few tests we did new vs old, the new one is faster even with a tight engine :)!

I dont believe the back box/tail pipes improves flow.

Offline Ben_MPS

• Ultimate Class
  • Aero + Cobb SRI, Graphite RX8 rims - Now sold. : (
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »
well now the engin runs better as the intercooler is right under the air scoop, "better air florw", the lsd works alot better, and the dsc is far less intrusive, that couppled with the better exhaust systym " better air flow again :)" pluss the lower wait and less drag when compared with the old car, means its alot better, out one on the roaling road standard was pushing 285hp! compared to the old ones  268! all due to the fact that the car has better air flow, also on a few tests we did new vs old, the new one is faster even with a tight engine :)!

I thought I had read that the new one was heavier?!?  ???

edit - I knew i had seen it somewhere...  ;D
http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=4451.0
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:35:08 PM by Ben_MPS »

Offline Samp!

• Super Ultimate Class
  • MX5 MK1 AND MK3.5 NOT A MAZDA 3 BUT STILL A MAZDA!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
kerb wait of the car has dropped by 3% over all!, and also its not just a back box, its a whole new exhaust systym twin pipe, double the air flow! basically

also ben mps dont belive evry thing u read haha! well except fot this? LOL ! the new car is faster from 0-60! and faster on a quater mile! we are a specialest mps dealer wich means TRACK DAYS ;)! the old one is still a fantastic car though, we have 4 comming in part exchange against new ones, 2 white and 1 red and 1 black 3 with areo packs and one white with out
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:44:51 PM by samp4856 »
USED TO HAVE: MAZDA 3 1.6 SPORT NAV IN ALUMINUM WITH EIBACH SPRINGS AND CUSTOM CORKSPORT SRI INTAKE

NOW HAVE: 1. MX5 MK1 1.8 IN BRITISH RACING GREEN LOTS OF MODS
                 2. MAZDA MX5 SPORT BLACK IN WHITE NO 384 OF 500 EIBACH SPRINGS, K&N PANEL FILTER & LOTS OF LITTLE BITS

Offline CMK

• TS2 Class
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »
Werent the alloys supposed to be titanium metallic in colour??

Naa as samp said, anything i've read or come across has defenately stated that they would just be in the silver colour. That said i'm a big fan of the titanium/gunmetal alloys on the RX-R3's, however, i do think the silver is better suited to the new MPS as a whole.

Despite not seeing it in the flesh yet, have to say thats without doubt one of my major criticisms of the car, that orange/red colour in the interior really spoils what is a great looking car from the exterior. Perhaps seeing it in the flesh i'd change my mind and it wouldn't look so bad, but judging from Samp's comment above, i'm guessing i'm probably correct in my early impressions of the interior...  :(
Mazda 3 Tamura (Special Edition) '57 - 1.6 Litre (Petrol) - Galaxy Grey . . .  [Xcarlink Ipod Interface Kit, Stubby Aerial, LED Distance Display Rear Parking Sensors Kit...]

. . . . . . . . .

Offline carcazy

• Takara Class
  • Mazda Performance Series !!!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »

Looks good, not sure about the hoodscoope though,

Any pictures of the interior?
Mazda 3 Aero 57 plate, Black Mica, Sat nav, bluetooth, front and rear parking senors, i-pod kit and PS2 "lovin It"

Offline grandchamp2k7

• TS2 Class
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
i like it and i saw a new mazda 3 in aluminium at the mazda garage tonight while the mrs was looking at a mazda 3.i think the new 3mps will be stunning in aluminium colour and even better in ebony mica!!!.still think mazda have let the new mps down on the wheels,they're absolute ****** looking imo and do nothing for the car.it was meant to have a revised suspension set up so should handle better than the old one,however that twin exit exhaust system-cant see how it improve flow???guarnteed if you swap it back to a ingle exit it'll reep the benefits.in my opinion the only cars that benefit from twin exits are those with "v" style engines.wouldn't say no to a nice new one ;)
2007 mazda 3 mps-best yet!
1998 honda prelude 2.2vti-quality!
2000 nissan 200sx s14a-absolute nuts!

Offline CrystalD.MPS

• Takara Class
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »
In white it will be alright, scoop on the bonnet looks ok not sure about the wheels really.

MK1 Mazda 3 MPS is so much nicer, but will have to wait and see it in the flesh to decide, how much is this car new OTR????
Mazda 3 MPS Crystal White, now with AEM CAI , Turbosmarts Dual Port BOV Blackout edition, PPPPTTTTTSSSSSHHHH, TWM Shortshifter, TWM Short Shift adaptor, Sure motorsports turbo inlet pipe.

Offline sdg 3mps

• Super Ultimate Class
  • You would'nt like me when i'm angry ! hehe
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
If the back box has the two tail pipes sticking out of it i believe that is a bad design cos you'll have turbulent air flow in the back box thus not aiding power.Anybody that goes for the new one is a fool/vain cos you can buy the mk1 new or next to new and with the money you have left over you can mod it to perform better  ;D

Offline jamie101

• Takara Class
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
tbh i think the older mps IS nicer, not saying this isnt, not too keen on the bonnet scoop but im sure i could cope lol

parked my sport in front of a grey mps last night,

went inside looked out the window and decided.........

i want an mps
 :D

Offline carcazy

• Takara Class
  • Mazda Performance Series !!!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
In white it will be alright, scoop on the bonnet looks ok not sure about the wheels really.

MK1 Mazda 3 MPS is so much nicer, but will have to wait and see it in the flesh to decide, how much is this car new OTR????

21,995 I think, or about that anyway
Mazda 3 Aero 57 plate, Black Mica, Sat nav, bluetooth, front and rear parking senors, i-pod kit and PS2 "lovin It"

Offline CMK

• TS2 Class
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »
In white it will be alright

So good pics of a white one here, albeit it's the Mazdaspeed version rather than the MPS, albeit almost identical --> http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35474

Theres also some good interior pics for those who you are yet to see the interior...

The first time i've seen one in white, and i'm impressed  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:22:10 PM by CMK »
Mazda 3 Tamura (Special Edition) '57 - 1.6 Litre (Petrol) - Galaxy Grey . . .  [Xcarlink Ipod Interface Kit, Stubby Aerial, LED Distance Display Rear Parking Sensors Kit...]

. . . . . . . . .

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »