Author Topic: New Mazda 3 Welcome Mode Lighting  (Read 19522 times)

Offline exile

• S Class
Re: New Mazda 3 Welcome Mode Lighting
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »

Called Mazda. They said there is a misprint in the brochure and the feature is not available on TS2 models.
Mazda 3 1.6 TS2,Mazda 3 2.0 TS2,Mazda 6 2.0 TS and many others.

Offline ROBCALLY

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Machine Grey (46G)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
Hi,
I was wondering about the welcome mode lighting and when you say blue lights on the
front door handles do you mean on the inside of the door or on the outside of the car.
Regards
Robcally

Offline 1.6D TS

• Takara Class
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 09:26:26 PM »
I have a simaler issue, I have a 1.6D TS which should have come with Silver interior door handles according to the brochure but didnt. I have also heard (a guy I work with has ordered a TS2) that the TS2 will loose the heated seats and windscreen in the new year?

Regards Paul

Offline Alex Kurdian

• TS Class
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »
Hi guys
I have a question too...In Australia we do not get the option of the Welcome Illumination Blue LED-illumination for front foot room (Driver and Passenger side)  its silly ??I don't know why...so I have to go to a Mazda dealership in  the UK...they said they can ship it to me no issues...see URL

http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning...ng/C830V7050A/

In Australia they cannot help me here the... dealership here said they haven't a  clue if it will fit or not. DUMB-ASSES!......I need to know if I buy  this kit...how can I tell if it will just plug straight in to a RHD Skyactiv 3 sedan...2012..Funny thing is that this same model overseas has this standard...
can anyone  chime in and help me please...
thanx guys

Offline MELennium

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
 Hi to Alex Kurdian
 The kit you refer to will fit your car but it is not a plug in kit and you will need to connect the wires to the body control module (BCM) which is situated behind the passenger glove box on Rh drive vehicles. Once you locate the BCM which will be horizontal you then need to find the correct plug.  On the BCM their will be 4 plugs at the front facing you and 2 plugs on the right edge, you need the first of the 2 plugs on the right edge which will be the nearest of these 2 plugs too you and once you have located the correct plug you need to unplug from the BCM socket and then looking at the back of the plug where the wires are going into this plug you will find 8 wires along the top and 8 wires along the bottom, it is the bottom row where you connect your wires too. Looking from left to right find the second wire which will be GREEN and you connect the WHITE wire from your kit by using the snap connector supplied.Now find the eighth wire along the bottom which is coloured VIOLET you connect the RED wire to this again using the snap connector supplied in your kit.Put the plug back into the BCM socket and  your led's should work when you open your door and go off a few seconds later after the door is closed.
The photo you show is a different kit to the one Mazda supplied to me (same order number C830-V7-050A). The one in the photo fits above the pedals on the drivers side and shines down, whereas mine is fitted to the sides shining across the pedals.Hope this helps.

PS You will get instructions and diagrams with your kit and as long as you locate and identify the  BCM and correct socket you will be fine.
Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Hatchback  Aluminium 2015
(65 reg)
use to own:
Mazda3 Sports Nav2.0 Soul Red 214 (63 reg)
Mazda 3 Venture Special Edition 1.6d Dolphin Grey  2012 (62 reg)
Mazda 3 Takuya Special Edition 1.6  Velocity Red 2010 (60 reg)
Mazda Katona Special Edition Galaxy Grey 2006
(56 reg)

Offline Alex Kurdian

• TS Class
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »
Hi to Alex Kurdian
 The kit you refer to will fit your car but it is not a plug in kit and you will need to connect the wires to the body control module (BCM) which is situated behind the passenger glove box on Rh drive vehicles. Once you locate the BCM which will be horizontal you then need to find the correct plug.  On the BCM their will be 4 plugs at the front facing you and 2 plugs on the right edge, you need the first of the 2 plugs on the right edge which will be the nearest of these 2 plugs too you and once you have located the correct plug you need to unplug from the BCM socket and then looking at the back of the plug where the wires are going into this plug you will find 8 wires along the top and 8 wires along the bottom, it is the bottom row where you connect your wires too. Looking from left to right find the second wire which will be GREEN and you connect the WHITE wire from your kit by using the snap connector supplied.Now find the eighth wire along the bottom which is coloured VIOLET you connect the RED wire to this again using the snap connector supplied in your kit.Put the plug back into the BCM socket and  your led's should work when you open your door and go off a few seconds later after the door is closed.
The photo you show is a different kit to the one Mazda supplied to me (same order number C830-V7-050A). The one in the photo fits above the pedals on the drivers side and shines down, whereas mine is fitted to the sides shining across the pedals.Hope this helps.

PS You will get instructions and diagrams with your kit and as long as you locate and identify the  BCM and correct socket you will be fine.

Thanx Mate ;-)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »