Author Topic: Bloody Top Gear again!!!!!! GGrrrrr!!!!!!!  (Read 14777 times)

Offline BJ the exile

• Ultimate Class
  • Defender of the Red
Re: Bloody Top Gear again!!!!!! GGrrrrr!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »
As above. You cant compare the R26 to other hot hatches as it is a track car! It does not even have a propper rear window for god sake!!! If i had 20k to spend on a track car I would not invest in a megane, thats for sure...enough about that.

now on to the RS....

Buy a MPS, slap on anti roll bars front an back, map it and slap in a decent intake and hey presto a RS beater....oh and pocket the change ;D I appreciate top gear dont take mods in to account but us everyday people do.

As above again, the better the MPS secret the better for all of us. Do you really want RS type people knocking on the forum door? Long live the MPS and its

Rant over....

Stu I thought MPS had anti-roll bars as standard; if not where do you reccomend I get some ?
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Edith Sitwell

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
As above. You cant compare the R26 to other hot hatches as it is a track car! It does not even have a propper rear window for god sake!!! If i had 20k to spend on a track car I would not invest in a megane, thats for sure...enough about that.

now on to the RS....

Buy a MPS, slap on anti roll bars front an back, map it and slap in a decent intake and hey presto a RS beater....oh and pocket the change ;D I appreciate top gear dont take mods in to account but us everyday people do.

As above again, the better the MPS secret the better for all of us. Do you really want RS type people knocking on the forum door? Long live the MPS and its

Rant over....

Stu I thought MPS had anti-roll bars as standard; if not where do you reccomend I get some ?

It has some as standard yes but the COBB ones are stiffer and from what coulda has told me make a big difference to body roll on what is already a great car in the corners IMO.

I was going to get som. Check with Coulda first as he had knocking coming from the rear ARB when cornering hard. Not sure if he resolved it or not.
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Offline Coulda

• Ultimate Class
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:55 PM »
the knock was coming from the front...dont know what happen to it...never does it now...can i cant see where anything was hitting...think i just did a bad job at lubricating the bushings at first.

Offline foxy

• Sports Class
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »
Once you have kitted up a Focus RS with the new spec 3MPS there is a very large price deficit. Any performance deficit can be fixed. One thing TG did though was demonstrate that torque steer is still there on the RS.

Offline Stuno1

• Super Ultimate Class
  • Lexus isf
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »
Once you have kitted up a Focus RS with the new spec 3MPS there is a very large price deficit. Any performance deficit can be fixed. One thing TG did though was demonstrate that torque steer is still there on the RS.

True. You can throw as much technology as you want at a front wheel drive car, fact remains that torque steer will alwys happen if there is 250+ BHP attempthing to get to the ground!

the knock was coming from the front...dont know what happen to it...never does it now...can i cant see where anything was hitting...think i just did a bad job at lubricating the bushings at first.

Oh ok, I got it the wrong way around! Doh. Do it BJ, you won't regret it.
Who needs 4 wheels when you have 2??? Bike it baby!!!!

Offline Rim

• MPS Class
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
Is it just me or do u guys think the interior of the RS looked horrible, that shi**y grey sat nav slapped in the middle just didn't match any of the car and for 25 grand, i got my MPS brand new for 16g i dare bet i could get some good mods for 9g :P

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »