Author Topic: Swiftcover & MPS  (Read 7532 times)

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
Swiftcover & MPS
« on: March 07, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
Hi, I just took out insurance with these guys & knocked £200 off my insurance!!

I now drive a Mazda 3 MPS. 5 odd year NCD, Fully comp, protected, loan car, £150 excess, Me (35) + GF (30)!

Swiftcover Insurance cost = £227

Tesco renewal = £430 (£380 After I rang to cancel)

I couldn't believe the quote & ended up doing it about 4 times. I used Confused.com & MoneySupermarket to get the quotes. I also thought that maybe because the car is only just out that they had just quoted for the nearest model. Nope, it quite clearly states at the top of the docs wg56*** Mazda 3 MPS!

I'm still a bit confused but hey, it's there problem now cos I paid in full!!

& they don't post docs they send them as a .pdf.

Anyway the long & the short is that I just saved £200 :D   ;D

Anyone else had good/bad dealings with them?

Offline Skid

• Sports Class
Re: Swiftcover & MPS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
No, but thanks to a twat copper giving me a few points my quotes are in the region of 2k for most companies - with admiral (group) & AA going down to around £900 GRRR >;/
Nada :/

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 05:40:20 PM »
S**t.

How many & what for? If you don't mind sharing?!

Offline Skid

• Sports Class
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
6, and *supposidly* 107.9 this is in a C3 mind...) - cept I was doing 80, but just in the outside lane... couldn't argue my point, he timed me between two bridges, but no matter what I said he was "trained to do it accurately" - twat.  More to the fact I *WAS* doing 80, which I admitted doing, but no, human error can't possibly be a factor in him hitting a timer switch whilst watching me... sigh

</rant>

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »
Adey

I too had that experience with Swiftcover... did my details and it came out at £190... i couldn't believe it either, especially when i ran a search on my current 04 Sport and that came out at £240!! Go figure!!

Finally got the date for my Cosmic Blue one as well, and week monday I should be picking it up.. so i'll keep a look out for you in Taunton!!

Mothy
07 MPS, Cosmic Blue, Aero Pack

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »
Adey

I too had that experience with Swiftcover... did my details and it came out at £190... i couldn't believe it either, especially when i ran a search on my current 04 Sport and that came out at £240!! Go figure!!

Finally got the date for my Cosmic Blue one as well, and week monday I should be picking it up.. so i'll keep a look out for you in Taunton!!

Mothy

MPS?

If so did you get Aero kit?

I know that quote was incredible. Just bare minimum fully comp came out at £154, but with all the other stuff, protect NCD, loaner, personal cover etc. it came out at £227 :o

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:30 PM »
Yep...

Went for the Aero kit, so taken longer. £500 quid but thought why not. Could be a bad plan, as I have problems getting my sport down the country lane i live on exmoor at the mo without it scrapping the grass in the middle...

Already been told by someone at work that they have seen yours on the M5!!! (Well i'm guessing it is yours between Exeter and Taunton). Opted for the Ipod adaptor as well, but garage was unsure whether it can be fitted after it has left the factory. We shall see.

Still waiting for the actual reg on mine, so not done a full quote with all the gubbins, but definetly be using them me thinks!! Just want the car ..... NOW!!!

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:57:23 PM »
Yeh, I thought £500 was a flippin' good deal for the Aero kit, I was undecided on it & then when I would have had to wait 2 months for it, that basically made my mind up for me.

Are you tbagpus on the other 3 site?

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • 2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
    • My Cardomain site
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 11:46:50 PM »
hey mothy,

so are you part exchanging ur current nordic green MZ3 for the MPS or selling it private?  ???
2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
Veba Freeview TV box, Rear view camera, Front View Camera
Colour Coded Headlights, Angel Eyes, MPS Aero Wing Mirrors

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:52 AM »
Dub

My Nordic Green one my Mum is having.. I was going to p/x it, but when i went on hols recently, she borrowed it, fell in love with it, and decided she wanted it!! So staying in the family.. which is a good thing as it is a good car. SO going to p/x her Saxo instead.. won't get as much, but hey, mothers day gift  :o :o

Adey.. yeah I was tbagpuss on the other site..

Good to see this site is up and running as well!!!  ;D

Mothy

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »
Mothy,

We'll have to park up in the Hollywood Bowl carpark & compare engines with Bose systems blaring out drum n bass, get a Maccers, throw the rubbish on the floor & do some doughnuts on the cinema Carpark!!

Sound like a good night? ;) ;D

Offline mothy

• MPS Class
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
Adey...

Sounds like a great night  ;D

Actually no.. We wouldn't fit in down there to be honest.. our cars aren't an old Rover 200 or an old Renault done up!!  ;)

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • 2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
    • My Cardomain site
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »
Mothy,

We'll have to park up in the Hollywood Bowl carpark & compare engines with Bose systems blaring out drum n bass, get a Maccers, throw the rubbish on the floor & do some doughnuts on the cinema Carpark!!

Sound like a good night? ;) ;D

lol that sounds great.. lol... do put up some pics when u get ur MPS mothy..  ;)
2008 Mazda 3 Sport Saloon 1.6
Veba Freeview TV box, Rear view camera, Front View Camera
Colour Coded Headlights, Angel Eyes, MPS Aero Wing Mirrors

Offline adey1

• Sports Class
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »
I already took out that insurance, paid in full, one hit! ;D

Anyway, I've been mucking around tonight on swiftcover tonight just looking (out of interest) how much to insure a new TypeR & it came out at something like £560, so then I changed car details to a 3 MPS & it came out at £238?? My GF then said try a different Mazda 3, so I tried a 2.0l Sport (£280) & then a 1.6 (£220)! A mistake on their part me thinks.

If they discover their mistake later on in the year can they charge me the difference?

Offline Skid

• Sports Class
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »
Damn... I recently graduated from Exeter - should have been around earlier heh - I took Ex's garages Sport out quite a bit when I was bored :p

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »