Author Topic: Mazda 3 paint  (Read 12729 times)

Offline Stoat

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Titanium Grey II (29Y) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2004
Re: Mazda 3 paint
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
I've also got a Mazda3 of about the same age, fortunately can't see any obvious rust on the wheel arches, however I do have some oddities on the roof, the big one appears like surface cracking, i've always assumed this was due to a bird dropping which the previous owner left too long and fairly certain the warranty wouldn't cover that. The smaller one I actually have two of in different locations and only noticed recently, whether it's a defect in the paintwork or rust forming underneath I don't know, I can't see any obvious chips in fact the compared to the bonet the roof has barely any chips yet i've not seen anything like this on the bonet, anyone else got anything similar?

Oh and I have a small amount of bubbling on the alloy wheels which i'm going to mention at the next service.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2004 Mazda3 1.6 TS2

Offline mazdazoom

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »
Hi Again. Looks like your about to have lots of fun with mazda as well stoat. I think you need to get that seen to quick before it gets any worse. Havent seen anything like that on mine (fingers crossed) but am interested to know how you get on.
Been to my dealer today to be informed that mazda has yet again denied the claim on my car on the grounds they believe its impact damage. Well this i refuse to accept due to a few reasons.  firstly the dealer  who has now inspected it 4 times on mazdas behalf say its a paint/poor design of splash guard that is causing this issue. Secondly ive had an independant inspection done on the car and this also confirms the same with a few points about mazda using a really thin paint on the 3. Its now back to the phone war with mazda and yet again im waiting on a return call from a mazda case manager lol im betting money on this that by this time next month i will still be no further forward. This is a real shame as i enjoy my 3 a lot but this is really testing my faith in mazda. Im surely not asking to much of them am i?
2014 2.2d sport nav

Offline mazdazoom

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »
hi guys just an update on the long running saga. finally got a letter from the big guys at mazda not good news though. to cut a long story short it basically said mazda would not cover this under its corrosion and paintwork warranty as it was of the opinion that the areas affected had been subject to impact damage. I showed this letter to the bodyshop guys at my dealer and to be honest they were not impressed that their own skill and judgment was being rubbished by someone at mazda. At this point my car was getting worse and i asked for a quote to have it repaired at my own expense. i was however taken aback when i asked how much this job was going to hurt my wallet when i was told the cost to me would be nothing not a penny. i was and still am speechless. my dealer has covered the cost of the repair as they agree that this should not be happening to a couple of year old car. my car is now back and looking better than ever and all rusty bits are gone and flaky paintwork is a thing of the past. i can only say what an outstanding dealership i have found and use and both myself and the rest of the family have 110% faith in our local dealer. im now once again a proud zoom zoomer.
2014 2.2d sport nav

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »