Author Topic: How to raise the Mazda Xenon headlight for better visibility  (Read 41558 times)

Offline darrude

• TS2 Class
Re: How to raise the Mazda Xenon headlight for better visibility
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »
Glad i've found this link, thought it was just me who had a problem with them.  Will be adjusting this weekend.

Offline Cosmic Debris

• S Class
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 11:57:56 PM »
Took our 05 plate Sport for an MOT the other day and lo and behold it failed on headlight aim. Now this being our local garage which we tend to frequent rather than the rip off main dealer,they put their hands up and said they did not know how to rectify this problem so the missus ran home and unearthed our ebay workshop manual cd and returned with the relevant info albeit I think its for manual adjustment not the self levelling nonsense that we have on our sport, ,lights adjusted and pass certificate issued.This was after a call to Mazda who informed us that we would have to book the car into the main dealer where it would have to be hooked up to their computer for roughly an hour to fix the problem,obviously at our expense.
Having said that I've not been out in the dark yet but I can concur with previous posts in that I always thought the dipped beam spread was rubbish bordering on dangerous.

Offline vblanche

• TS Class
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »
do you know - guys - if OEM xenon headlamps can be adjusted not in height but laterally/left-right? I explain, I have a LHD 2007 Mazda3 GTM (equivalent of Sport trim). I would like to import it so headlamps need to be modified.
thanks
2007 GT-M white pearl...

Offline robin1

• S Class
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
Hello, thicko of Edgware here!
I've just fitted some Hids (6000K) 35w which I got off of fleabay, good quality and fitted in no more than 30mins - great!

BUT, very poor aim, I've twiddled with the White plastic knobs which have the cogs on them(?) suppose that's where the manual adjuster switch in the cabin works from and, they were a bit better but, it's that photo attached by Neeldub, the gold coloured bolt he has circled as "Turn Anti clockwise" and then the sort of hole where the screw driver goes - as I said I'm thick can someone explain which I need to used, do I loosen the gold bolt first then twiddle the screw or am I just Mad?

The spread is far too low, the right hand beam is a bit higher than the left but, bleeds a bit too much to the right of the car, the left is just too low, if it was raised it would probably be right, it could possibly need to come left a bit to light the gutter a bit more.

The car is a 56 plate 2007 ts auto sedan.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:36:10 PM by robin1 »

Offline Chigs

• S Class
  • -= Jinba Ittai =-
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2006
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:33 PM »
Hey thanks for this - keen to do this as mine are a bit low IMHO. They pass MOT (though the first ever MOT they didn't due to low aim - this was before my time) - but I need some range!
-= Jinba Ittai =-

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:33 PM »