Author Topic: Discounts on Engine Oil and Parts?  (Read 298 times)

Offline john10001

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2009
Discounts on Engine Oil and Parts?
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
HellO! Can anyone tell me if this Forum/Group can get a discount anywhere on things like engine oil and other car servicing parts etc?

When I had my old Megane we used to be able to get a discount through Opie Oils as part of that group and forum.

If this is not something currently in place maybe it would be a suggestion that the owners or mods of the forum could inquire about?

I don't know if there would be a big benefit or not because when I recently went to that one site their prices seem to be a lot more expensive than they used to be. That is just one example though there are other companies as well that it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if we were able to get a better deal.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Discounts on Engine Oil and Parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
f you look in Classifieds ┬╗Sponsors and Resellers, you will find that we do have Opie Oils as a Sponsor and a representative on the forum who goes by the handle of  Oilman.

They did used to be very active with advertisements and offering advice if directly questioned. However I have not seen any activity from them since 2017
This could be due to a lack of interest from the forum, or as a narrowing of their involvement with forums generally. I do not know.

They used to say  Use the code MAZDA3 and get 10% Club Discount   However I don't know if this is still valid

Here is a link to one of their last posts, which contains contact information.    http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=14517.0

We also have  Regal Autobulbs  & Hotchkis sports Suspensions  as sponsors.   Have a look in the section dedicated to Classifieds - Sponsors & Resellers
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: Discounts on Engine Oil and Parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »