Author Topic: Gen4 2019, 2020 SBS recall  (Read 624 times)

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2019
Gen4 2019, 2020 SBS recall
« on: January 23, 2020, 12:02:34 AM »
A heads up if you have a new gen 4 Mazda 3 2019/2020 model . Mazda  UK released a recall as of 21st January 2020 reference a concern over the Smart Braking System. So you would be advised to input your chassis number on the recalls part of the Mazda UK website to check if your car is affected and then book a slot with your local dealer.

I have mine booked in for next Tues so may be able to give you more info on it afterwards..
2020 Mazda 3 2.0 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv-X

Offline Alfisto

• Takara Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Year: 2016
Re: Gen4 2019, 2020 SBS recall
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
Otherwise how are you liking the Gen 4

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:35:56 PM »
Loving the car.  Others seem to be having lots of technical issues but I haven't experienced any problems, although it may be because I still have not had opportunity to put many miles on it yet? But keeping my fingers crossed that all will continue along as it is at the moment. The car simply feels a quality step change up to the Gen3. The front parking assist camera is my favourite little toy on it at the moment. It stays active at speeds lower than 10mph so great fun to play with in supermarket car parks and you can manually activate it which gives a unique front end perspective stopped at traffic lights for example  :)   You can turn it on while driving but it will only remain active for about 5 seconds at anything over 10mph. 

Press reviews seem to slate the rear vison because of the large rear C pillars, but I don't find that a problem at all and no different really to the gen 3's rear vision and blind spots.   

Offline Alfisto

• Takara Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:32:26 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it

Offline Engineer Andy

• Sports Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »
Loving the car.  Others seem to be having lots of technical issues but I haven't experienced any problems, although it may be because I still have not had opportunity to put many miles on it yet? But keeping my fingers crossed that all will continue along as it is at the moment. The car simply feels a quality step change up to the Gen3. The front parking assist camera is my favourite little toy on it at the moment. It stays active at speeds lower than 10mph so great fun to play with in supermarket car parks and you can manually activate it which gives a unique front end perspective stopped at traffic lights for example  :)   You can turn it on while driving but it will only remain active for about 5 seconds at anything over 10mph. 

Press reviews seem to slate the rear vison because of the large rear C pillars, but I don't find that a problem at all and no different really to the gen 3's rear vision and blind spots.   

What technical issues are these other people having?

As regards the poor rear vision, I think it's more of a sign 'o' the times for many modern cars as the manufacturers reduce the rear windscreen size and increase the C pillar because it means the car is stiffer and thus both handles better and is the safety cage is stronger, helping inprove the outcome in an accident.  When I was looking at possibly replacing my gen-1 car with a gen-3 back in early 2017, I noticed the significantly smaller window in the hatch compared to earlier versions.

I'm not sure if either the gen-3 or gen-4 in fastback form went down the same route or not, as the stronger frame of the saloon at the rear windscreen/boot area may have already been strong enough and thus may be around the same size as my car's.  I'd go for parking sensors whatever car I choose next time, but I suspect most of the latest 2 generations of the car have them fitted (to the rear at least) as standard.

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
SBS recall done.
Had a word with one of the technicians who said there will be a major software/firmware update arriving within the next few months for the Infotainment system, so we need to keep tabs on that one.

To try yo answer the question on what issues some other owners appear to be experiencing?. It mainly appears to be bugs in the tech equipment throwing up random error messages which then disable whatever system is affected: The radar cruise control for example seems to one. But as I said previously, I have not experienced any of these or anything unusual at all with my own four week old car, so maybe these are things that are more inherent in earlier builds perhaps? (Could be what the  forthcoming software/firmware update are targeting to bring all cars up to date with coding parity?)       

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »