Author Topic: My brand new Skyactiv-X GT Sport Tech  (Read 559 times)

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2019
My brand new Skyactiv-X GT Sport Tech
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:50:45 PM »
Had this car just over a week now and loving every minute of it  :)
2020 Mazda 3 2.0 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv-X

Offline zoomzoomer

• TS2 Class
  • Year: 2017
Re: My brand new Skyactiv-X GT Sport Tech
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:08:53 PM »
Hi
Very nice car, how does the x compare to the 120bhp version does it feel a lot more powerfull?
Would the x be suitable doing lots of short journeys or does it need more motorway miles?
I'm torn between the red or silver both look great.
Thanks

Offline speedy mazda

• Sports Class
  • zoooom zooom zoooooooooooooooom
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »
Great looking car servlox 😀Iwill be interested to hear how the x engine performs as I may get  one in a years time.

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »
Will report back on that when I have done more mileage as only done 150 miles in total to date so havent yet had chance to open it up. At the moment the engine feels really tight which reading elsewhere seems to be what others are saying until you put a few thousand miles on it.

I test drove the 122 sky G when they first came out in May and although very free revving did seem to lack power compared to my 2015 gen 3 sport 165.

Driving the sky X demonstrator back in October. I was a lot more satisfied this equated to the performance Ive been used to in my 165. 

For me personally good fuel economy from a petrol engine with a comfortable amount of power, are the main engine considerations. I've never felt Mazda family orientated cars have sparkling acceleration unless of course you've owned an MPS which I never have. But as long as you can be happy with that then i don't feel anything else in the Mazda 3' s class and price point can compete with it in comfort, quality, looks, and included std tech.

Something I wasn't aware of before buying is the Sky X is fitted with PPF. Petrol Particulates Filter. This is slightly concerning given the problems associated with clogging Diesel DPFs and I do more short runs than long runs. But reading a little deeper petrol does not have the soot issues that diesels do. So if the PPF dash light illuminates it should simply be a case of giving it a blast up a motorway to get it hot enough to burn off the excess in the filter. I guess I will find out in time if this info is correct?
2020 Mazda 3 2.0 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv-X

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »