Author Topic: Really cheesed off with a recent garage experience.  (Read 807 times)

Offline Ste7en

• TS2 Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
Really cheesed off with a recent garage experience.
« on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:49 AM »
We took our car to get new rear brake pads and discs fitted earlier today. On the invoice under 'Operations' it clearly states 'Replace rear pads & discs'.
Under the items it has listed:

B45G-26-251B Plate, disc R063
B4YO-26-48ZB Pad sub set, rr

So, have they replaced rear pads & discs or just the discs and the rr pad? I suspect 'rr' does not stand for 'rear right' :)

When we went back and started the car up the dashcam alerted us with a "Memory card not inserted". I looked and it had been ejected, it was sticking out of the back of the dashcam.

My wife rang the garage (I was driving, in standstill traffic) and she asked why they had ejected the memory card.

"For privacy" was the reply. Now, I'm fuming. Could they not have just switched the bloody thing off?

Now when I look at the 'live view' it is all blocky and there are thick green bands on it.

I've checked the footage and it is recording fine. It is just the live view that has screwed up. I think someone mashed the buttons and tried to turn it off before they gave it a road test after fitting the pads / discs. You can see them working on it in the garage but there is no footage of any road test.

Has anyone come across this issue before (with the 'live view')? I'm hoping to get it resolved soon as it should still be under warranty.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 07:32:54 AM by Ste7en »

Offline hanix

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
Re: Really cheesed off with a recent garage experience.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
Why the road test, can they not afford a rolling road to properly set balance etc?

Offline Ste7en

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:57:34 AM »
I've no idea. Apparently it is considered normal to give it a quick whip around the block when brakes are replaced etc.

I've checked the dashcam on another mobile and the 'live view' looks fine. I've no idea what is going on with it on my wife's mobile though.
I'm just pleased it isn't screwed up.

Offline speedy mazda

• Sports Class
  • zoooom zooom zoooooooooooooooom
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
Hi ste7en I usually slide my dash cam off before I take it into the garage so they don’t mess with it.If you have a look through the alloy you should see if you have new pads and discs all clean and lots copper grease around slides and pad backs.Its always best to road test after changing anything on the brakes to check for any sqweel noises and to bed them in a bit.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »