Author Topic: Bose Front door Speakers 2015 sport nav  (Read 2135 times)

Offline maz24

• S Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2015
Bose Front door Speakers 2015 sport nav
« on: July 25, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »
Both my front door speakers have issues. I have trawled through the web and found the possible prognosis to be the cheap speaker casing corroding and separating from the speaker. Now i fully understand that i will have to remove the door panels but i am not prepared to pay the extortionate bose replacement speaker prices.. Being close to half a century old I remember replacing speakers in my fiat 127 for next to nothing.. So I am looking for a non bose direct replacement with out to added issues of replacing or by passing the bose system. With all the aftermarket car speaker manufacturers out there there must be some direct replacement for these awfully manufactured bose speakers...
Any help will be appreciated and I cannot be the only suffering from the awful distorted hum coming from the front door speakers

update..
I have just spoken online to advisers in the USA at crutchfield.com and they have informed me that the front door speakers only receive
 bass from the bose amp. So a pair of 2ohm woofers are required.. They advised me on these
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_151L2675/PowerBass-L2-675.html
Now lets see if i can find something similar here in the UK
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:38:42 PM by maz24 »

Offline StevenRB45

• Ultimate Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Bose Front door Speakers 2015 sport nav
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:46:52 AM »
While this is an issue I'm aware of afraid I don't know the solution.

Even if the speaker is replaced.. water ingress will still occur.

Also it seems all the 2 ohm input speakers on Amazon are 6.5 inch.

Do you have a local good audio dealer? Not halfords someone who does it properly? I've got a local place called Autosounds and they are always open to chatting through options.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:06:28 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline servlox3

• Takara Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:17:06 PM »
just noticed this, so you probably have sorted it by now?. I had the exact same issue with my 2015 sport 165 but fortunately while the car was still within warranty. The dealer first of all didn't acknowledge it as an issue until I pulled up a service bulletin I managed to find through another worldwide Mazda forum. I then had both front door speakers replaced FOC under warranty with BOSE units that had the casing material upgraded to avoid the corrosion problem which leads to the separation of the cone material.

With this in mind it might have been worth talking to a dealer or even Mazda UK for an out of warranty goodwill contribution towards replacement with the later BOSE units? As it was a known problem on early chassis numbered gen 3 cars which was corrected on later reg cars, therefore it is an original manufacturing fault which you wouldnt know anything about until it affects your car.   
2020 Mazda 3 2.0 GT Sport Tech Skyactiv-X

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:17:06 PM »