Author Topic: I-Stop ??  (Read 1014 times)

Offline robinhood1701

• TS Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Snowflake White Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2018
Re: I-Stop ??
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »
How often does it stop ? Mines not stopped yet, only had it since last Friday, people have said it’ll work when weather gets warmer and car is not using so much electrical energy, giving the battery chance to charge up enough for the i-stop to work ?
Does yours stop soon after starting from cold ?

Once it's warmed up it seems to stop every time I stop. Mine seems to operate after about 3 or 4 miles, certainly after the temp getsup i.e. the blue temperature gauge has gone.

Mine doesn’t do that, I’ve noticed the blue temp light going out, and I’m positive it’s got i-stop, because it also says so on the battery, warranty enquiry at the Mazda dealers I think ?

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »
Have you got a permanent orange  i-stop  light showing anywhere on your dashboard ? 
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline robinhood1701

• TS Class
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »
Have you got a permanent orange  i-stop  light showing anywhere on your dashboard ?

Nope, and I-stop switch works ok as well, tested it again today.

Offline Alfisto

• Takara Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 12:23:36 PM »
Apparently i Stop has about 90 odd parameters that have to be met before it works. I know mine won't work if it's cold or the air con is full blast or if I have the heating to demist?. I spotted this Australian site https://discoveryourmazda.com.au/mazda-istop-explained/  and as an example it gives the following:
There's a lot of smarts behind i-stop and it's all here in your homepage.

I-stop needs a base amount of load to function, so it becomes operational after the engines warmed up. I-stop is ready when its indicator light eliminates (emits, I suspect) green in the dash.

The other thing to remember is that i-stop only works when you've applied the brake and you're holding it down.

The steering wheel needs to be fairly straight if you turn the wheel when pulling up i-stop will not cut the engine out.

Also, if you got the air conditioning on it you will not be able to work. It will not work if you're inclined, if you're in reverse, if the doors are open or the driver's seat belt is unfastened.

If you decide at any stage that you want to override the i-stop system, you just have to work as normal.

Again, check the owner's manual for all the details on i-stop functionality.

Offline robinhood1701

• TS Class
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 10:02:51 PM »
Apparently i Stop has about 90 odd parameters that have to be met before it works. I know mine won't work if it's cold or the air con is full blast or if I have the heating to demist?. I spotted this Australian site https://discoveryourmazda.com.au/mazda-istop-explained/  and as an example it gives the following:
There's a lot of smarts behind i-stop and it's all here in your homepage.

I-stop needs a base amount of load to function, so it becomes operational after the engines warmed up. I-stop is ready when its indicator light eliminates (emits, I suspect) green in the dash.

The other thing to remember is that i-stop only works when you've applied the brake and you're holding it down.

The steering wheel needs to be fairly straight if you turn the wheel when pulling up i-stop will not cut the engine out.

Also, if you got the air conditioning on it you will not be able to work. It will not work if you're inclined, if you're in reverse, if the doors are open or the driver's seat belt is unfastened.

If you decide at any stage that you want to override the i-stop system, you just have to work as normal.

Again, check the owner's manual for all the details on i-stop functionality.

Ok thanks for that, looks interesting, I’ll study it, but... i-stop actually started working late yesterday afternoon, I’d had the car five days, think it had been standing at least two to three weeks before that, weather turned warmer yesterday, I’d done some stop start motoring during the day, did a 12 mile run on a good straight A road, and It started working !
now it works shortly after the blue temp light went out, I’ve checked the battery cells, all ok, it’s hardly noticed when it cuts in and out, dead chuffed 👍

Offline robinhood1701

• TS Class
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 10:10:21 AM »
Still working, fitted my front dash cam with parking mode enabled, you have to fit a smart box in the power supply from a permanently live fuse from the internal fuse box down on the passenger side foot well, used a piggyback connector, dead easy, i-stop takes longer to kick in from cold, but it still, also fitted a cigarette lighter adapter with two USB ports and a voltage display, starts at 12v, then rapidly gets up to 14.4V, so I’m thinking i-stop may kick in on amps in the battery ?

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 10:10:21 AM »