Author Topic: Sat Nav SD Card not recognised - Can it be recovered?  (Read 105 times)

Offline raynerph

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic (45P)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2017
Sat Nav SD Card not recognised - Can it be recovered?
« on: April 11, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
Hi,

Earlier this week I used the Mazda Toolbox application successfully (or so I thought) to update the Sat Nav SD Card from my 18 plate Mazda 3.  Before removing the SD Card from my PC I even ensured that the PC had given the safe to remove message.

Next day the car wouldn't recognise it as a valid Mazda SD card, and now the Mazda Toolbox application on the PC won't recognise it as a valid Mazda SD card. 

If I use Windows File Explorer I can browse into the SD Card.  This shows just one folder with no files in it.  Although the space used indication for the card shows that a lot of the space is used and so I presume that files are there but just not visible to Windows Explorer.

I've booked my car in to a dealer to have the issue looked at, but just wondered if there was a simple fix for this to save time.

In the past I had successfully updated the same SD card in the same PC and so I didn't expect to run into a problem. 

This isn't the 8GB problem that other people have run into with older SD cards, the card's size is 16GB.  The card is not set to 'locked'.

Thanks.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Sat Nav SD Card not recognised - Can it be recovered?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:50 PM »
Not experienced this, but it is a little worrying.  Please let us know what Mazda says.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: Sat Nav SD Card not recognised - Can it be recovered?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:50 PM »