Author Topic: Buying Advice Pls ?  (Read 494 times)

Offline robinhood1701

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
Re: Buying Advice Pls ?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »
Seen a few reports of difficulty with gearchange/clutch which seems to be car specific so a decent test drive should eliminate that.

Otherwise I've not seen any mechanical issues on the petrol, main complaints are infotainment related.
What’s wrong with the infotainment system ?

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 09:57:06 PM »
Nothing massive, it's just not the slickest of systems. A few people have had them replaced under warranty due to random reboots and crashing. Also even with an up to date subscription the nav can be hit and miss. Some people have difficulty with the wireless hotspot capabilities.

Nothing ridiculous and certainly no reason not to buy one, but definitely have a play with it and see if you get on with it. If you don't an android auto/car play upgrade is available on all models but heading for 300 quid unless you find a car with an out of date system that will allow you to crack it and do it yourself.

Offline robinhood1701

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: True Red (A4A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:27 PM »
Nothing massive, it's just not the slickest of systems. A few people have had them replaced under warranty due to random reboots and crashing. Also even with an up to date subscription the nav can be hit and miss. Some people have difficulty with the wireless hotspot capabilities.

Nothing ridiculous and certainly no reason not to buy one, but definitely have a play with it and see if you get on with it. If you don't an android auto/car play upgrade is available on all models but heading for 300 quid unless you find a car with an out of date system that will allow you to crack it and do it yourself.
Thanks, one of the main reasons for looking for a sportnav was the Bose Audio system, a quick google says the dealer upgrade is available for post 2014 models, I’m looking at a 16 plate model, so I’ll have a play and see how it goes, if it has CarPlay for my iPhone, I’m laughing, what was the gear change/clutch thing? I’m looking for a 25K max example.

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 01:31:08 AM »
I've seen a few people say they find the clutch odd or that it's hard to get into certain gears. Again not common place so time driving your prospective purchase should sort that out.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 01:31:08 AM »