Author Topic: HELP: Need a garage for servicing (Nottingham - pref near NG16/Giltbrook Area)  (Read 931 times)

Offline k_orbz

• S Class
  • Boom tarat tarat..
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2008
Hi, I just moved to Nottingham and seems like most garages around me do not update Mazda Digital Service Records.. I'm hoping someone could point me to a good one and could update DSR. Thanks.

PS: I keep getting garages telling me "Only Mazda can do that." Which is quite puzzling as the independent garage I used London in did it with no fuzz.  :(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:04:21 AM by k_orbz »

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS2 Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
Hi, I just moved to Nottingham and seems like most garages around me do not update Mazda Digital Service Records.. I'm hoping someone could point me to a good one and could update DSR. Thanks.

PS: I keep getting garages telling me "Only Mazda can do that." Which is quite puzzling as the independent garage I used London in did it with no fuzz.  :(

That could be code for other (independent) garages wanting to scrimp on the servicing and don't want proof of them supposedly performing some service task, only for you to check if it was done afterwards and to find it wasn't, or done with inferior/not-to-specs parts/consumables.  If they did update the DSR, then there would be proof of the dodgy dealings, especially if doing so resulted in a future problem with the car that was down to them doing this.

Plus, of course, they probably have to pay a fixed amount of money to 'subscribe' to Mazda's system to do this, and some garages don't want to pay many makes when they may only get a few customers getting that make's car serviced per year.  In a big city like London, they may get more trade across the board, so can afford to subscribe to this for more makes of car, and can also charge more for servicing to cover that cost.  In the regions (even in and around large towns and cities), margins maybe tighter and so they may only subscribe to certain makes of car they regularly get in for servicing, e.g. Ford, VAG, etc.

Unfortunately I don't live in the Notts area so can't help you as regards finding a suitable garage.  Best of luck - hopefully another forum member can be of assistance in that regard.

Mazda 3 Forums UK