Author Topic: Gen 3 SE Nav Seats Questions.  (Read 638 times)

Offline Ste7en

• Takara Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
Gen 3 SE Nav Seats Questions.
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »
Hi.

Couple of questions regarding the seats in the Gen 3 SE Nav (fastback).

The front passenger seat gives my Mrs a bad back every time she sits in it. She said it feels like there is little / no support in it for her lower back. Anyone else found this?
I'm toying with buying a cushion for her.

Behind the drivers seat there is a big lump, underneath the fabric. My son (aged 14 and already 6 foot) told me it digs in his legs when I'm driving, as I have the seat back more than the Mrs. Anyone else found this lump in their car?

Thanks.

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS2 Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
Re: Gen 3 SE Nav Seats Questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:55:33 PM »
It may well (my gen-1 TS2 model [mid-spec] does) have a lumbar adjustment feature.  Not sure if the gen-3 has a powered one or its a manual lever like on mine.  Mine has a lever on the other side to the seat raise/lower wheel, and you pull it back and let go to push the lumbar support out a bit more.  After X times (more support), it then resets back to no lumbar support and you start again.  Not sure if the cars have this feature for the passenger - I've never looked to see on mine (obviously never a passnger as I'm a one-person household!).

My guess is that it does have this facility and it's on too high (sticking out too much) a setting for the driver's side and not enough for the passenger, at least for you and your Mrs.  Some people love this feature, others hate it - it depends on the curvature of your lower back.  Sometimes having the seat rake too upright can lead to back problems for the fron passnger, as I found in a colleague's Jag.

Offline Alfisto

• Takara Class
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
My Gen 3 2.0 Sport Nav Fastback has a manual lever to alter the lumbar support 8)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »