Author Topic: Mazda 3 swap out  (Read 1000 times)

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Mazda 3 swap out
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 05:39:22 PM »
Tbf 3 owners isn't that odd,

I'm third owner of mine, Mazda UK was the first (pre-reg) from 30th September to mid October, Then the first actual owner had it less than 3 years..I then bought it but I've had it 4.5. It was advertised as having 1...but it's 2 previous on the log book.

With OPs car being top spec it's not a stretch to think it did a few months as a demo for a dealer then was sold off. Although if OP is 4th owner it would appear this car is a bit of a red headed step child!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:43:33 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline Ed-Led

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 07:56:00 PM »
The plot thickens. I went in the Mazda dealership today to reject the car and was in the manager office 90 minutes! Got the response I suspected I would, needs to be a very good reason to reject, you'll have to go through the courts etc etc although they are prepared to swap it for another similar priced car. I asked about the 3 previous owners showing on the V5C. On Mazda's own records it states that the prior owner to me acquired the car on 31/08/17 making him owner number 3 and above that it said 2 previous owners beforehand. The dealership manager said the dealership were the only owners from point of registration on 28/01/16 to 31/08/17. He said the 2 previous owners included Mazda and the guy who bought the car on 31/08/17.

All seems strange to me but anyway without dwelling on the ownership issue too much, i'm still a bit pissed off with all the other stuff plus the unbelievable amount of faffing around the dealership have done. I might swap the car but to be honest i'm loathe to do any business with them ever again.

Offline hanix

• Takara Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »
It sounds like an ex-demo car. Do things like brake discs and original tyres confirm the mileage?

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
Given the scuffs e.t.c. and how long the dealer had it it might have been a courtesy car...although more likely to be used by a staff member/members. Over a year seems a long tenure for a demonstrator.

I'll go now before people throw things...

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »