Author Topic: Question regarding windscreen sensors  (Read 811 times)

Offline Ste7en

• TS2 Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
Question regarding windscreen sensors
« on: November 18, 2018, 05:09:27 PM »
I had a new windscreen fitted and I was told the sensors behind the mirror would need to be realigned. I was told this would be done as part of the job. But I don't think it does anything any more. I can try it out at work by slowly driving into a Laurel bush that edges the car park. Before the new windscreen was fitted the car stopped and made a loud vibration noise. Now it doesn't do anything, I could drive straight through it and nothing would happen... I think.

Is there a way to get it checked out?

Also, the top wires on our rear window do not seem to demist. It seems odd as the one up top does work and all the ones below. Just the middle 2 - 5 on the top cluster. It is a pain because we are getting a front / rear dashcam fitted on Wednesday and I suspect they wanted to mount it 'up top'. Is it an easy fix with some of that conductive paint?

Offline Ste7en

• TS2 Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: S
  • Year: 2015
Re: Question regarding windscreen sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »
Someone has just told me that the top wires in the rear window element are actually the aerial. Is this correct?

BTW we got the dashcam fitted yesterday. Nice job but I'm not 100 percent keen on where it is (as it has to be within the reach of the wipers apparently.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: Question regarding windscreen sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »