Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 294 times)

Offline SkyDorz

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Snowflake White Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
New to forum
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »
Hi.., new to the forum as I’ve just bought my first Mazda..

2014 2.0 (120) Sport Nav Leather in Snowflake Pearl.., Heko wind deflectors, LED interior lighting

I’m going to dive straight in here and ask if anyone has had the 120 remapped..??

I was looking for the 165 but this 120 was too good to turn down, I’ve spoken to my local Quantum Tuning rep who has quoted gains of 40% bhp and 5% torque.., has anyone had this done or offer any advice on the remap please..??

Thanks

Offline red_imps_2003

• Takara Class
  • Confucius say "don't quote me"
  • Colour: Indigo Lights Mica (38K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
Hi. I don't have the 120 but I did buy a map from Quantum for my 1.6d and can confirm that I have been pleased with the gains. I notice yours is a petrol, though, so I am a bit surprised at talk of 40% gains in BHP (the one for torque looks more in line with what I would expect). The feedback on Trustpilot (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/quantumtuning.co.uk) is generally good, though, and I believe they offer a money-back guarantee if you are not happy with the results in the first few days.

On a cautionary note, I began to notice a whining under acceleration about six months later, which I am yet to get to the bottom of a year after it started. It is impossible to say whether the remap contributed in any way to that, though; there are dozens of other possibilities (not least the Terraclean I had about five or six weeks before first noticing the symptoms). The car is also nine years old now, so there are bound to be small cracks and gaps appearing in the odd hose, gasket, seal etc.

My original thoughts on the map can be seen at http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=14390.0 - see further down the page. I am confident that my original concerns about the affect on ride quality were unfounded. After months of experimentation I do not see how it can be connected to the powertrain in any way and I think it was more a case that I only noticed something that had been there before because I was sensitive to the potential for issues to develop. I had never had an ECU remapped before and was really nervous about the whole endeavor at the time.

Hope you enjoy your new vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:23:44 PM by red_imps_2003 »
So I was stood there trying to work out why the cricket ball was getting larger and larger...and then it hit me.

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
I assume we're talking the petrol here, in which case the figures are plausible:

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=13970.0

However no experience of that particular companies work on that engine. The 120 and 165 are mechanically identical so I wouldn't have any longevity concerns unless the map itself is sub standard.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:08:23 PM by StevenRB45 »

Offline SkyDorz

• S Class
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:09:11 PM »
Hi. I don't have the 120 but I did buy a map from Quantum for my 1.6d and can confirm that I have been pleased with the gains. I notice yours is a petrol, though, so I am a bit surprised at talk of 40% gains in BHP (the one for torque looks more in line with what I would expect). The feedback on Trustpilot (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/quantumtuning.co.uk) is generally good, though, and I believe they offer a money-back guarantee if you are not happy with the results in the first few days.

On a cautionary note, I began to notice a whining under acceleration about six months later, which I am yet to get to the bottom of a year after it started. It is impossible to say whether the remap contributed in any way to that, though; there are dozens of other possibilities (not least the Terraclean I had about five or six weeks before first noticing the symptoms). The car is also nine years old now, so there are bound to be small cracks and gaps appearing in the odd hose, gasket, seal etc.

My original thoughts on the map can be seen at http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=14390.0 - see further down the page. I am confident that my original concerns about the affect on ride quality were unfounded. After months of experimentation I do not see how it can be connected to the powertrain in any way and I think it was more a case that I only noticed something that had been there before because I was sensitive to the potential for issues to develop. I had never had an ECU remapped before and was really nervous about the whole endeavor at the time.

Hope you enjoy your new vehicle.

Thanks very much for the reply.., very informative..
Yes, Quantum do offer a 30day money back guarantee and will put it back to the origainal map if I’m not entirely satisfied with the results.
It’s booked in for the remap this week, I will post the results.

Offline SkyDorz

• S Class
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:04 PM »
I assume we're talking the petrol here, in which case the figures are plausible:

http://www.mazda3forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=13970.0

However no experience of that particular companies work on that engine. The 120 and 165 are mechanically identical so I wouldn't have any longevity concerns unless the map itself is sub standard.

Thanks for the reply and to back up the the fact that the 120 and 165 are mechanically identical.
I’ve spoken to Quantum at length about the remap and getting it done later this week, they offer a 30day money back guarantee and if not completely satisfied will put it back to its original map.
Will post the results.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:04 PM »