Author Topic: Lerch's BK & Mrs Lerch's BM :)  (Read 121 times)

Offline Lerch19

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2007
Lerch's BK & Mrs Lerch's BM :)
« on: September 13, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
Morning all,

not long joined the forum after taking inspiration on my and the wifes car. Had my BK for about 4 weeks now after moving on from my old 323F (had 323F's pretty much my whole driving life so far & admin of club323f.com). The wife's had her BM for about 3 months now and absolutely loves it! I must admit the difference makes me a little jealous but I am growing to like my BK more and more :)

Here's my 57 plate Tamura BK. Got to say the 1.6 is a step down from the 2.0 V6 I'm used to but it's much better on fuel and better for the little one to ride in. Absolutely loving the colour though  ;D
how it looked when I bought it

Got it home and swapped some RX8 wheels in anthracite metallic black on. Actually the wife did it for me due to a leg injury :(

Swapped out the yellow side lights for some nice LED's

Then wired in some boot light LED's - done this on virtually every car I've owned. Swapped the normal light out for a super bright LED too.

Managed to get out the meguiars and have a go at the boot lid. Big Meguiars fan so went with a clean, clay bar, stage 1 paint clean, stage 2 polish, stage 3 wax and stage 4 sealed.

Quite happy with the outcome, just need the time to do the whole car now XD

Then there's the wifes BM. We had a CX5 before hand but circumstances changed meaning we didn't need to big car (for towing my track car) and didn't need the diesel so chose to swap to something smaller and petrol. It's a sport nav 120hp with virtually everything on it i think.
when we bought it

got it home, had a good inspection and found that the wheels had succumbed to the usual Mazda bubbling

got the paint out again after sanding them back, filling any imperfections and treating them. The colour is Techniq metallic grey.

There was also quite a few scratches on the door shuts so fitted some CF effect vinyl to cover them and protect futher.

How she sits now.

Hopefully pick up a few other things from the forum for both cars but will try and add value where i can :)

Cheers

Lerch

Offline hanix

• Takara Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
Re: Lerch's BK & Mrs Lerch's BM :)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »
Hi there Lerch. Good post, cheers.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

I had a 323 many years ago. Wife had an argument with the car in front, meant the end of that.   
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline Lerch19

• S Class
  • Colour: Galaxy Grey (32S) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »
Thanks both!

First slight issue last night on my car - changed the bulb for the glove box seeing as it didn't work. Put it all back together and this morning I have no interior lights when I switch on side lights :/ going to check the fuse box tonight.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »