Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 499 times)

Offline DanMX3

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
New to forum
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:51:13 PM »
Hi all!!  Still getting to grips with navigating the forum. Just saying hi. I have a 2009 mazda 3 1.6 diesel saloon (First diesel) but in past had 2004 Mazda 3 1.4 Petrol hatchback and 1997 Mazda MX3 ( loved it wish I still had it). Hope I get the hang of forum was a guest for ever and loved it then so looking forward to getting involved.

Offline red_imps_2003

• Takara Class
  • Confucius say "don't quote me"
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Indigo Lights Mica (38K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2009
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:54:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Dan. Is that a 2nd gen? I love mine. I've been giving some thought lately to what my next car might be, given that my youngsters are getting larger. However, I find myself leaning more towards keeping this one a year or two longer now because a larger vehicle with decent interior/storage space and the same tech features I've become accustomed to would cost twice what the Mazda3 was worth when I got it and I'm not sure I can justify it.

I've had the ECU tuned with an off-the-shelf map from Quantum Tuning (increased insurance premium by about £20 over the cheapest option would be without the remap) and it has made an appreciable difference to getting up to speed on the motorways; especially in the mid range. My more detailed thoughts can be found elsewhere on the forum and, by way of an update, I have got over the original trepidation that it may have some kind of effect on the way the car rides now.
So I was stood there trying to work out why the cricket ball was getting larger and larger...and then it hit me.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:54:24 AM »