Author Topic: Mazda Adds Smartphone Control to MZD Connect  (Read 4382 times)

Offline 9swampy

• Sports Class
  • I don't need to update my signature strip!!!
    • Jinba Ittai
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda Adds Smartphone Control to MZD Connect
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:47:24 PM »
Feedback on the free option above; USB only hasn't been  stable enough to be fit for purpose. When it works, it's 100%. Sometimes it just won't behave though.

Update on this. Discovered Mute+Nav+Back combination which, while it simply shouldn't be necessary, it has brought the free option in to the realms of fit-for-purpose. Has taken a couple of resets in a row to get it working sometimes but I can do that on the move and so far it's eventually come up every time and kept stable thereafter. What's more, with perseverance I got Waze to work too.

Offline Bully

• Takara Class
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 12:52:33 PM »
Been thinking about having this installed and considering doing it myself, the parts are readily available now from dealers. I am worried about removing part of the dash to access the CMU to install the new cables.

Had a service recently and asked them to update the the software (ready for me to do the hardware install myself) but they said it would take 3 hours to do so I would have to book it in and there maybe a charge, so I decided to install the software (v70) myself, it was really easy and took approx 40 mins.  Just need to find the courage to install the hardware.

Offline Tony G

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:48 PM »
Just a quick note about the hardwear upgrade, from what I can tell the main difference is the new USBs put out 2.2 amps whereas the originals ones put out about 0.5 amps which is barely enough to charge you phone if it is switched off (would take about twenty hours) and if you are using it to run google maps your phone will be dead within three or four hours. So the new USBs will let you run google maps all day long and still have a fully charged phone at the end of the journey.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:48 PM »