Author Topic: Autoglym Lifeshine  (Read 988 times)

Offline koolkatz

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
    • twokoolkatz
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2014
Autoglym Lifeshine
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »
So I picked up my new Mazda 3 in deep crystal blue last November to find it had been given the Autoglym Lifeshine treatment. I don't remember asking for this but I got it and had to pay a good whack for the priviledge. You do get nice Lifeshine kit full of Autoglym goodies though which is probably worth a bit. Anyway, does anyone know what treatment is used on the bodywork?  Recently I noticed some marks (discolouration) on the bonnet which I can only assume were as the result of seagull droppings being left on the car too long. We have a massive seagull problem in my area and I sometimes have to  hose the car off every evening at this time of the year. However, I have never known seagull droppings to affect the paint, the usual problem is that it is full of sand and grit from shells so you have to be very careful when washing. I may also have not noticed any effect on the paint before as I have always had lighter colours in the past. Anyway, I found I could polish these marks out easily using a normal car polish. However, while I was doing that, I noticed some llght scratching on the paint which again polished out quite easily. I was then thinking I might just go over the whole bonnet with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a wax. However, I suddenly realised that I am probably polishing through whatever the dealer used when applying the Lifeshine treatment. Is that the case and if so, am I as well redoing the whole bonnet as mentioned? Sorry about the long question.

Offline koolkatz

• S Class
    • twokoolkatz
Re: Autoglym Lifeshine
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
Ok, I think I have found an answer. My concern was that Autoglym SRP, being a polish, would be slightly abrasive and might remove any protection put on by the dealer. However, from Autoglym themselves, "Autoglym SRP is recommended for use on Lifeshine treatments". This is really what I wanted to know as this is what I have used to remove the marks and scratches, so am glad I can keep using it. Unfortunately the light scratching is another fact of life in our area as the seagulls walk on the cars and their claws can scratch the paint. They have no respect!

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
I use autoglym and the marketing bumpf does state they aren't meant to take off other autoglym products.

Offline koolkatz

• S Class
    • twokoolkatz
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
Yep, seems to be the case so I am going to give the Super Resin Polish a go then use a wax or sealant over the top. Have to wait for a cool day though, but up here in the North West that could be anytime!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »