Author Topic: Fourth Mazda, Third Mazda 3.. cant keep away  (Read 805 times)

Offline UraniumSnake

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2018
Fourth Mazda, Third Mazda 3.. cant keep away
« on: March 14, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »
Just ordered my next Mazda 3 hatchback. Parting with a 2014 120ps Hatch, Deep Crystal Blue Sport Nav and have ordered a Snowflake White 165ps Sport Nav with safety pack.
Dealer also had a deal where I get free Life Shine, 3 yrs Servicing and two valets a year :) thanks Mazda!
Hoping to change the alloys to the Dark Gun Metal and add an Aero Kit to make it look like the Black Edition I saw, was very pretty.

Wasn't going to go for the 165 but dealer promised me i'd notice the difference so hoping the extra HP & cost was worth it! Also read on here it was worth it so putting my trust in experience rather than a one off test drive.
The latest round of improvements persuaded me to keep with the brand & model... hoping by the time mine is paid for there will be an RX-Vision in the showroom I can buy *crosses fingers* as I loved my RX8.

Mine is being sold to a friend who has a 323 who test drove it and within 5 minutes said he'd take it. Mazda may not get everything right but they get most of it right.

Offline speedy mazda

• TS2 Class
  • zoooom zooom zoooooooooooooooom
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Year: 2010
Re: Fourth Mazda, Third Mazda 3.. cant keep away
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Hi there look forward to hearing from you when you get your new car as I would love the 165ps sport nav next .when my mazda was in for a service the other week I spotted a silver mazda 3 with black body kit ,spoiler , black alloys look nice.

Offline UraniumSnake

• S Class
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »
So I have had the car for a few days and I must say I am liking the upgrade.
Wasn't expecting much with the extra 40ps as there is no extra torque on paper against the 120ps (i think perhaps there is just more torque overall on both models), but it definitely drives easier.. having to rev it a lot less and can be in a much higher gear sooner for cruising dual carriageways.
Maybe this is due to the capacitor use and removing load from the engine while accelerating, can never be sure with marketing and truth.

I have the safety pack so not sure what is part of that and what is new on the revised model but feel this car is now what it should have been 4 years ago. With simple touches like auto folding wing mirrors, DAB radio, rear view camera (if only on Sport models) and headlights coming on when the car is unlocked rather than just the interiors, make the car that much better.

As for the safety pack, was interesting watching the car shut down parts of the LED matrix as cars come into view. No one flashed me so assumed it was working well and not blinding anyone.

If ready for an upgrade I would recommend  :D

Offline moozmooz

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 01:46:11 AM »
"Maybe this is due to the capacitor use and removing load from the engine while accelerating, can never be sure with marketing and truth."

It would certainly be interesting to see how much fuel as well as oomph you save from powering auxiliaries from regenerative energy.

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/env/i-eloop/ is quite a good write up, but it doesn't put any numbers on it.

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:03:26 PM »
It all makes sense, I would think your driving would to determine how much gain it would have for you.

E.g. do you accelerate hard and jam the brakes on giving it not much time or energy to work with or read the road and use the gears to control your speed in which case it would have a lot more to play with.

Offline UraniumSnake

• S Class
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »
I might accelerate more than necessary but I usually read the road well and use engine braking. So far my capacitor usually sits around 75% full mark.
I have found with the latest Mazda 3's (since 2014) that I used engine braking more due to usually being in a higher gear. But am probably just driving 'correctly' now  ;D

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »