Author Topic: Mazda3 SportNav Roof moulding strips  (Read 663 times)

Offline aytch

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
Mazda3 SportNav Roof moulding strips
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
One of my strips is slightly loose and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. From what I can tell there are several clips attached to the underside of the long trim and there is a T stud (probably one front and rear) affixed to the car itself.
At this stage I don't want to take the trim completely off in case I make matters worse as the rear end seems to be fairly attached although the whole strip can be slid back and forth about an inch compared to the securely fixed strip the other side of the roof.

Are the clips supposed to be affixed to the car first and then the roof trim slotted into them, or, should they be attached to the trim first and equally spaced out (bit like when putting a curtain rail up) then pushed down into place on the roof? If so, does it matter exactly where along the trim these are spaced out?

There would appear to be an end piece missing from the front of this problem strip which I would suspect could cause the strip to try to lift up at high speed, but once I can get the strip to fit securely, I can blank that off somehow.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Mazda3 SportNav Roof moulding strips
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »