Author Topic: abs part number through the vin/chassis number  (Read 758 times)

Offline slightlee

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2010
abs part number through the vin/chassis number
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
Hi all..

Being a land rover owner-I feel a little bit of a cheat on here but desperate times and all that...

My mother in-laws 2010 Mazda 3 has been plugged in at the garage and they say that the warning light on the dash is for the abs pump motor.

They have come up with a price of around £1000!

I have a mechanic who will fit one if i can source one second hand of which i have found several from £30 upward, also, i have found the place that will recondition her one for £220.

I got talking to a breaker and he said it is vital to get the right part number off the abs cm. the black plastic brain box of the assembly.

I popped her bonnet today, the cars not the mother in laws! and found that there is no way of getting the number off the back without removing the part.

She uses the car a lot so i am trying to minimize the amount of time off the road

So, my question is, can i get the right part number through the vin/chassis number? and how?

I would rather not phone Mazda as i am sure they wouldn't be to pleased about giving me the details and going else where to buy.

Cheers

Mazda 3 Forums UK

abs part number through the vin/chassis number
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »