Author Topic: Mazda 3 - Front Parking Sensors  (Read 1555 times)

Offline brendan.tuck@sky.com

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Snowflake White Pearl (25D)
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2016
Mazda 3 - Front Parking Sensors
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
I recently purchased a Mazda 3 Diesel 2.2 Sport Nav but the Front Parking Sensors appear inconsistent in their operation. If I enter a parking space going forward, most of the time the parking sensors do not activate automatically. I say most of the time as on a few occasions they have worked - Mazda dealership say that this is how they are meant to be i.e. you have to turn them on manually. when going forward into a space. However the front parking sensors do get activated when the car is put into reverse (which seems a bit strange as I may have already hit something going forward!). Can anyone confirm if this is how they are on their car? Many Thanks

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda 3 - Front Parking Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »
They are activated by either selecting reverse gear, or by pressing the switch.  Once activated they'll stay active until your forward speed goes above 20 mph (or whatever the cut off speed is), or until you switch them off.
IMHO that's how they should be.  If they were always active they'd sound every time a pedestrian crossed the traffic lights in front of you etc.
Hope this helps :)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: Mazda 3 - Front Parking Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »