Author Topic: Hello and some advice please.  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Rmc

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2008
Hello and some advice please.
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
Hi all. Hope you all had a great xmas and new year.

Im new hear and have been looking for a new car as my first car i was totally done on.....a family member talked it up, some lies were told and now im wanting it away.

I went and test drive a 2008 mazda3 tamura 1.6 petrol and have seen a takara of same age, price and milleage. What a fantastic car to drive! Im now desprerate to make a decision but am so worried after being so messed about before. The tamura is very low milleage and has been fantastically looked after and its great service history, the only 1 thing withbit is the corner of front bumper has a scrape, its not bad but im thinking getting it sorted would be a good move to prevent any rust starting.
I need something reliable too as currently i live 5 min from work in the car but am due to move in approx 6 months.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Hello and some advice please.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Shame that you have had a bad experience. However on an up note welcome to the land of Mazda.  The very first thing to say is in your particular case do not panic about the scrape on the bumper turning to rust. It's plastic !  Just get it sorted and the car will look as good as new .
The Gen 1 petrol engines were extremely reliable and fairly bullet proof. (I have one) so that should tick your other box.
Have a good look around the forum and I think you will see that overall, users are very happy that they chose the 3.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline Rmc

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: Tamura
  • Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply and advice!
Unfortunately just found out the guy sold the tamura!
Never mind iv got 2 takaras to go see at the weekend. Fab milleage and service and mot history.
Will have a good look through the forum.
Yeah my first car experience has been terrible, i could have cried when i had to drive mine after the mazda lol!
Lessons learned and il man up and move on haha. Iv only ever driven corsas when i was learning and my car an ibiza......by far the mazda is the best iv felt driving a car. Such a sturdy and well made feeling car and i thought id stuggle with it being quite a bit bigger but felt totally fine. And bizarely insurance is cheaper?!?!

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »