Author Topic: Takuya Battery. Help Needed!  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Sotonman

• TS Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Takuya Battery. Help Needed!
« on: December 10, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »
Hi Guys.
My 61 plate Takuya battery has died,infact it died weeks ago,but due to the time of year i've not had the spare pennies to invest in a new 1.
I've been jump starting it with my portable battery jump kit for a few weeks now,as i only use it at weekends as have a works van during the week,but because i've been doing this,the battery has just drained and drained to the point it barely locks the car,and it also trys to stall under slow steering as it drains the battery loads.
My problem is, i want the battery fitted as i'm not mechanically minded,and everywhere i've looked online,no one stocks the right battery.
Where have you guys got yours done when you've needed it? i.e halfords,F1,Kwik fit etc? Their websites all come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2004
Re: Takuya Battery. Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 03:41:06 PM »
You pays your money, you take your pick.    I personally would not go to Halfrauds or Kwick Nik . I recently fitted a new battery (3rd in 12 years) I went to my local independent who sourced the battery for me and fitted it at my next prearranged visit. They did this without switching the engine off, thereby preventing any loss of radio codes / electric window presetting problems. All done in 15 minutes.

It is true that a lot of outlets do struggle to find the correct battery for Mazda's. I cannot speak for yours as your car is 7 years younger than mine, it therefore might be a different type, but my new battery (sealed no maintenance) is made by Yuasa, a highly reputable battery maker. 

Total cost including fitting and VAT £88  with a 4 year guarantee 

Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline Sotonman

• TS Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Black Mica (16W) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply Willpower, i have now,after scouring the net,decided to go with the RAC,who will come and fit it for me.

They gave me a choice of 4 batteries, 2 crappy economy style,and 2 premium (both different sizes),and although not the same size as i have already got, I've ordered the one nearest to it,and also ,made sure there is plenty of room in the "battery compartment" that it sits in.

Yes I've paid a little over the odds,but i don't mind if it's fitted properly.
The battery is a Varta battery,and also has 5 years guarantee for £110.99 fitted at my house at a time suited to me (tomorrow morning).

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »