Author Topic: Diamondbright Finish  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
Diamondbright Finish
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:25:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just washed the car off after a mucky day and it's the first timesince I picked it up last   Wednesday as the weather has not been too bad since then.  Once I had washed it off, just with cold water and soft brush, I didn't get the same droplets forming that I had when I had a similar finish on my new Honda.

Here's the question, being perhaps over suspitious, how do I know, other than by the paperwork guarantee, that the treatment has actually been done?  Silly question perhaps, but I did expect that the water would run straight off and the remaining droplets show that it had a special treatment, a bit like rain-X on glass. This looks no more than a new car finish, nice, but nothing 'special'.     

Anyone else ever felt like this?
Malcolm   

Just phoned the garage and they sid bring it in and we will do it again & give you a courtesy car for the day. Will be interesting to see the difference.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:12:43 PM by Badger161 »
Retired but having fun with my hobby at  www.badgerwoodcrafter.co.uk

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
Re: Diamondbright Finish
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:03:09 PM »
On a brand new car I wouldn't really expect to see any difference, mine was supagarded when I got it, I didn't request it but I was given a key fob on picking it up and was told it had been done..

In terms of effects basically it's quite an easy car to wash as very little sticks also most scuffs it's had haven't damaged the underlying paint so can be buffed off the top otherwise it's like any other car.

Mine does bead a lot but that's probably down to washing it weekly with high quality shampoo and using wax/sealant and polish more than any paint coating.

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
Thanks Steve.
THe superguard I had on the Honda was great. Any water would bead and run off quickly, but this time it stays puit. The garage is doing it 'again' they say, although it is a franchise company like so many of these smart things are.  It's at the garage for coating today so I'l know more tomorrow.

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »
OK, car is back from the dealers having had Diamondbright application, which they said was done previously, buit I thouight not.  This time the finish is far suiperior and water beads and runs off quickly, which it did not before.  I was even shown a video of my actual car being worked on.  Now that may be a one off or the resut of me saying I did not think that the treatment had been done even though a certificate and guarantee had been given.

I am now satisfied, but woud urge anyone else buying a car treatment, to check it out and if not satisfied, take it back and ask for it to be done again.  How many people would just accept the results I don't know, but having had a treatment on another car, I knew what to expect.

Malcolm

Offline Rony

• S Class
  • Has to be a Mazda
  • Body: Fastback
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
Being a retired Car Salesman I am very dissapointed to hear your experience of paint protection Diamondbrite is an excellent product but needs to be applied correctly in the right conditions, it is a big profit earner for dealers but given a bad name by events such as happened to you. I use it on my own cars and never use abrasive wax, you will have been given a pack with product to use when cleaning, the conserver is particualy good for building up a good finish on your paintwork, I just wash the car and then add a cap full to a bucket of clean water then spread it over before wiping with a chamois. 

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »