Author Topic: Mazda 3 2017  (Read 11868 times)

Offline Tall333

• TS2 Class
  • Body: Saloon
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic (41V)
  • Engine: 2.0L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Trim: SE L Nav
  • Year: 2015
Re: Mazda 3 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »
The DAB radio on my M6 shows the artist and track title most of the time, but not always, and it's often different from, for example, morning to evening on the same station.

Offline TonyV5

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »
Replacing my '14 Sport-nav this Friday, so have been  reading up on the  "refinements" using the Mazda 3 PDF user manual on there website.

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/product-features-and-manuals/

Regarding DAB radio settings, page 4-61 is relevant, but when all else fails R.T.F.M

As for the Manual it is confusing, the safety pack info. tends  to blur the standard equipment

Offline Badger161

• TS Class
  • Colour: Blue Reflex Mica (42B)
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »
SATNAV UPDATE

Not happy that I could not search address with post code. Mazda just sent this update which now allows this and it works well. on my new Mazda3 Sport

https://mazda-eu.naviextras.com/shop/portal?live.ui.locale.code=en

Malcolm
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:40:12 AM by Badger161 »
Retired but having fun with my hobby at  www.badgerwoodcrafter.co.uk

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS2 Class
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
  • Colour: Sunlight Silver (22V) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Trim: TS2
  • Year: 2005
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
Depending on how my job goes, I may be in the market for a new car soon (my 11yo mk1 is starting to require replacement bits more often [£600+ worth after it was seviced/MOTed a week or so ago]) and would definitely consider the latest 2017 mk3 (saloon or hatch) amongst the fine lineup Mazda has at the moment.  A couple of questions for those who have got one or who have test driven them:

• What is the ride quality/road noise like with the Sport models on 18in wheels/tyres, rather than the 16in ones on the SE-L and below?  I suffer from back problems and would prefer a nice ride - one thing to note is that as I normally own my cars for a decent amount of time, I don't want a car where the ride is fine for the first 6 months, even 2 years then is horrible due to the suspension taking far more of the strain because the tyres are low profile ones.  Similarly I am not keen on having to shell out £120+ (fitted) a corner for 18in tyres  after a short time when similar quality 16in ones can be had for £75.  Its not as though I'll be using the 'extra' handling capability of the bigger tyres, and I make my tyres last (last set 40k miles, current set nearly 20k and at 5-6mm tread left).  I ask as most of the dealers in my area only appear to offer ex-demos/pre-regged low mileage 3s in either SE or Sport forms, no SE-L Navs which have the 16in rims;
  • How are new owners getting on with the new electronic parking brakes?  I've never used one before, and come across many faults on other forums, but for different makes of car.  Sure, the lower centre console area looks better and has more space, but have Mazda changed something that rarely (if ever) had a fault for something whose reliability is not proven yet?

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS2 Class
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
PS.  Has anyone been able to source and have fitted a (correctly-sized) space-saver spare wheel/tyre for a far more reasonable price than the extrotionate £400 Mazda are wanting?  Many other makes are offering them at around £100 (looked up SEAT yesterday and they were doing so for £110 if I recall correctly).

Online ROBCALLY

• TS Class
  • Colour: Machine Grey (46G)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 04:47:50 PM »
Just an update on the dab radio not displaying the text data Mazda are aware of the problem and
also the traffic announcements are not working either they are hoping to have a fix soon?
My car has been in the dealers for the warning lights coming on for the adaptive headlights and the
smart city brake in very frosty weather even when the windscreen is defrosted.
They have told me it just a warning to tell me its not working because the camera  may
have some condensation on the lens but I am not convinced, they have sent their findings off to Mazda
for them to have a look at.
Has anybody out there had the same problems at all.
Regards.

Offline bobmax

• TS2 Class
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue Metallic (42M)
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »
Hi Malcolm,
Dab radio usually displays song and artist titles the same as FM
on some stations.

Regards,
Robcally.

I find my info is about two songs behind what's playing. ::)
Familiarity breeds contempt - and children

Offline Engineer Andy

• TS2 Class
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »
Hi Malcolm,
Dab radio usually displays song and artist titles the same as FM
on some stations.

Regards,
Robcally.

I find my info is about two songs behind what's playing. ::)

I didn't even know the FM can display info other than the station name.  On my home HiFi (it has both DAB and AM/FM radio, though it is nearly 10 years old now) you can only get track/artist info on DAB, and as bobmax says, often out of date by a few minutes - often a song is about to end when the track info changes to that one!  Probably even worse when you're on the move with the vagaries of radio reception...

Offline TonyC

• S Class
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »
Hi Robcally,

>>Just an update on the dab radio not displaying the text data Mazda are aware of the problem and
also the traffic announcements are not working either they are hoping to have a fix soon?
My car has been in the dealers for the warning lights coming on for the adaptive headlights and the
smart city brake in very frosty weather even when the windscreen is defrosted.
They have told me it just a warning to tell me its not working because the camera  may
have some condensation on the lens but I am not convinced, they have sent their findings off to Mazda
for them to have a look at.
Has anybody out there had the same problems at all.<<

Have the same vehicle myself, so interested in your post. Only had the car a week so early days yet. My DAB likewise doesn't display text data, not sure about TA - not heard any yet but live in a rural area and not been to the big city this week. Not had any probs with warning lights (yet) but only done 100 miles so far and, being retired, don't go out till the streets are aired!

Observations so far: Excessive speed warning gives audible but no visual warning, even though set to both audio & visual. The warning is three chimes - retrograde step from previous 2014 model which gave voice announcement. Mr Mazda, if you monitor this forum, please bring back the voice announcements.

Speed camera alert does not seem to give any warning at all, again set to both audio & visual.

I suspect both these probs are software bugs, my software is Version 59.00.332 EU N. Anyone know if there have been any updates yet? Will give it another week or so to see how things settle down before haying a go  at my dealer.

Regards,
TonyC.

Offline TonyV5

• S Class
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
My software is 59.00.331 EU N. Tried several times updating Gracenote  but it always hangs at 50%, so now says No data Found.
Regarding speed warnings on the HUD icon say, for 30mph there appears an outer yellow flashing ring but it's not very clear.
The speed warning system does get fooled, I use a level crossing  that you approach at an angle and it sees the 100mph track limit!

No impressed with the DAB radio, just hope Mazda sort it.

If look in the new 3 2017 brochure page 37 Headlights for the Sport-Nav should have cleaning, & page 38   Storage spaces. ALL models should have Glovebox illumination,  seatback pockets both seats, sadly all three missing.

Offline StevenRB45

• MPS Class
  • Suzuki and Fiat Refugee
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearl (34K) Metallic
  • Trim: TS2 Takuya
  • Year: 2011
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »
If look in the new 3 2017 brochure page 37 Headlights for the Sport-Nav should have cleaning, & page 38   Storage spaces. ALL models should have Glovebox illumination,  seatback pockets both seats, sadly all three missing.

Regards the glove box illumination have you tried it with the engine on? Daft question but the old ones had it and seems a strange thing to cut but it only works with the engine on.

Does your car not have HID lights then? It's a legal requirement that any factory fit hid must be both self levelling and have lamp washers.

Offline TonyV5

• S Class
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »
You are correct , it also works if the lights are switched to manual.
The Headlights are LED, the line in the brochure is, "LED, with automatic headlamp leveling and cleaning."

Mazda3_8FQ6-EE-16I_Edition2_web_OM.pdf (but thumbnails only no index search)

There is a note on page 4-111 about Adaptive front Lights (AFS) that  beam deflectors are not required when driving RH as in Europe.

This is the Full owners manual, a lot more in depth than the supplied reference Guide.

Offline kneecap

• S Class
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »
Don't worry about the DAB radios.
Switching between the same station on FM and DAB. shows FM to be a far stronger and better sounding signal. And with track information as well!
Like APS film before it, the whole DAB radio thing is just a con by the big consumer  electronics firms  trying to get us all throw out our old FM radios and shell out for digital ones. IF they had had their way, FM would have been switched off by now.
The only benefit to DAB that I can see is  the ability to listen BBC Radio 6 Music

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Super Ultimate Class
  • East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Colour: Winning Blue (27B) Metallic
  • Year: 2004
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »
Like APS film before it, the whole DAB radio thing is just a con by the big consumer  electronics firms  trying to get us all throw out our old FM radios and shell out for digital ones. IF they had had their way, FM would have been switched off by now.

Not strictly true.  The switch over to DAB is still an ongoing procedure. In fact Norway dumped FM completely in January this year.

The UK government has said it won’t start a wholesale radio switch over until 50% of us are listening digitally and DAB signal coverage is comparable to FM.

But with that number now at 45.5% and new cars with digital radio fitted as standard at 86%, we’re not far away from meeting the first target, which means the switch could start as soon as the end of this year.

Just how long it will be before DAB coverage matches (or is comparable) to FM is any ones guess.
Look at life through the windscreen, not the rearview mirror.
2004 Winning Blue 2Ltr Sport Saloon.  Laser Blue Main beams.

Offline 9swampy

• Sports Class
  • I don't need to update my signature strip!!!
    • Jinba Ittai
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica (41W)
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Just how long it will be before DAB coverage matches (or is comparable) to FM is any ones guess.

My 2014 only has FM and coverage is rubbish enough; one of very few things my old old Civic did better - never had any problems but then it had a proper aerial. I looked in to the DAB accessory; glad I didn't go through with it! At least another year on finance before I'd even consider upgrading the 3. A little jealous of all you on the 17's but less bitter for this thread. Thanks :)

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »