Author Topic: Mazda Service fears  (Read 4797 times)

Offline daiking

• Ultimate Class
Mazda Service fears
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220674/used_car_news.html

Is Mazda’s advanced digital service record flawed? The clever system was devised to prevent fraud, and replaced traditional stamped maintenance books in July 2006.

However, there are now concerns that some repairers and independent garages are not updating the Digital Service Record (DSR) when they work on Mazda vehicles. This will damage resale values, as affected cars will appear to have no service history.

James Hopkins, fleet and remarketing director at Mazda, said: “It’s essential that each vehicle’s DSR be updated after every scheduled check, extended service item and body inspection. Each time a Mazda enters any workshop, an updated printed record should be provided to the customer for future reference.” The trouble is, this isn’t always happening.

“Independent repairers and fleet work-shops may not see the point in registering for the Mazda system when they handle vehicles from numerous manufacturers,” added Hopkins. “So we are calling on all service agents to register.”

Owners who are worried that the repair history on their Mazda hasn’t been updated should confirm with garages that this has been done. Drivers should also retain bills and service receipts for maintenance as proof that work has been carried out on schedule, and to augment the DSR when they come to sell their car.

What did they expect? I would suggest any owner keeps their service reciepts and print-outs anyway

As to repairs, I doubt my insurance job was recorded on the service record  :D

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Mazda Service fears
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »