Author Topic: a/c condenser  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Mister P

• S Class
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2009
a/c condenser
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
I have just had my 2009 Mazda 3 serviced by the dealer and they have told me that the aircon condenser needs changing. This is the statement on the Visual Health Check: 'a/c condenser radiator fins falling out and rad sagging may start to leak toxic gas advise replacing rad seals and coolant condenser'. I've looked under the bonnet and there are small grey looking bits laying in the undertray which have come out of the condenser sections. Some of them were there when I first purchased the car, but I didn't realise what they were, when it was under two years old. It would seem that the condenser is very badly made if it starts to fall apart in under two years. 
The car has done 33000 miles and the aircon works well. Does anyone know if this is a common fault? How easy is it to change?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:27:16 PM by Mister P »

Offline cwilliams255

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Velocity Red (27A) Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L
  • Fuel: Diesel
Re: a/c condensor
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:07:53 PM »
It hasn't be noted on my 2009 3, but I'm going to go and have a look now anyway  :)

Offline Mister P

• S Class
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver (38P) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
Re: a/c condenser
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
I've had a look at a friends aircon condenser on his 2004 Focus and apart from being dirty, it looks as it did when new and it's the original. I had two Vectra's and they were both about ten years old when I sold them and the condensers on them didn't have this problem either. I think the days of Japanese cars being better quality are long gone. 

Mazda 3 Forums UK

Re: a/c condenser
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »