Author Topic: Bristol Street Motors Cheltenham (Fiat/Mazda)  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Droolie

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Body: Hatchback
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Engine: 1.6L
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model: Mazda 3
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
Bristol Street Motors Cheltenham (Fiat/Mazda)
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of the service department here? I bought a used Mazda 3 from them nearly two weeks ago and am already regretting it. Two parts that were missing from the car on delivery have not yet turned up. This morning the manager told me that he has finally ordered them, but was unable to say when they would be in.

The extended warranty commits me to having it serviced with them for up to four years, but the sales department are so inefficient that I'm strongly tempted to cancel it (still just within the 14 day cooling-off period) and go elsewhere for servicing. Are the service side ok, or does the whole company behave like chocolate teapots? I've a nasty suspicion that I'm getting locked into an expensive mistake.

On a related note - is the extended warranty actually worth anything beyond the included AA cover?

Thanks

Alan

Offline The Bun-yip

• Sports Class
  • Colour: Aurora Blue (34J) Metallic
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Trim: TS
  • Year: 2006
Re: Bristol Street Motors Cheltenham (Fiat/Mazda)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Hi Droolie,

This is a tricky one. If you search this site and others you will find all sorts of reports of problems with Extended Warranties from Dealers and generic ones too.

Extended Warranties can be a good buy IF it actually covers you for the problems that can occur. When I last  considered buying one I researched the market and was not impressed with most of what was on offer. Typical insurance products with too many exclusions and get out clauses for me in the 'small print' that you must read carefully before committing your money. Although I did like the look of one promoted by a certain well known Motoring Journalist I did not 'buy' in the end.

As for getting locked into getting the car serviced at a particular Dealer garage I would not touch such a warranty as it is my personal opinion that, in general, Dealers do not offer value for money compared to the better Independents who can service to Mazda requirements. Other members of this Forum are very happy with the service they get from their local Dealer and so you must consider my opinion biased. I certainly do not know anything about the reputation of your local dealer.

AlI can do is hope you end up happy with the decision you finally make.

Offline Droolie

• S Class
  • I need to update my signature strip!!!
  • Colour: Carbon Grey (28B) Metallic
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Trim: Sport
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
Thanks - useful advice.

For the record I did cancel. I told them I was thinking of doing so but they still didn't bother to pull out all the stops. I'll probably get them do the 3 year service and judge them on that, but at least I'm not tied into anything.

Of course I haven't had the refund yet, or the missing parts, so it's not over.

Mazda 3 Forums UK

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »